four

Noah

January

~~~

He wasn't looking forward to the new year. In fact, he resented it.

It was a new year, the first year in awhile, that he would be without Dixie.

He was planning on just staying in, but his friend managed to lure him to a party, saying how he's no fun anymore and that all he does is sit and sulk.

Noah tried to protest, but even he had to admit, drinking his feelings away could be a solution too.

So, he went out. He went out with the intention of getting completely hammered and forgetting all about Noah.

When he was walking up to grab his third beer, he bumped into a girl right as she was coming through the door, and one glance at her and he knew she had brown, light hair, just like Dixie

And that's how he came undone. He decided to talk to her.

He knew she wasn't Dixie, and she never would be, but he couldn't hold out and not hope that maybe she would dull his pain for a little while.

After all, they went their separate ways, that doesn't mean their paths won't cross again.

And maybe when, or if, they did, Dixie would look at him with someone new and realize what a big mistake she made, and come running back to him. He hoped so.

Hope. Something he hasn't felt since that day in December with Dixie.

He wasn't looking forward to the new year, but maybe now he has a reason to.