three

Dixie

January

~~~

A new year, a new her. A new her without Noah.

She shivered as her cold hands touched her skin. She was still learning how to deal with the cold of holding her own hand.

She was getting dressed to go out and grab some coffee at her favorite cafe, and when she did get dressed, she stepped out into the below 30-degree weather and started walking.

When Dixie got there, she ordered her coffee and stepped out of the cafe. But as she was walking out, she bumped into someone, nearly causing her to slip on the ice that was below her feet.

The stranger caught her right as she was about to fall, arms wrapping tightly around her waist.

"Whoa, sorry about that, I should really watch where I'm going before I bump into an innocent pretty girl." The person said, smiling at her.

Dixie laughed, something she hadn't done since that December day with Noah. When everything was right.

But, talking further with this stranger, Dixie realized that not everything was so bad. And she knew it was too soon to start something new, her feelings for Noah still, and always would linger in her, but she couldn't help but talk to the new person and hope.

Hope. She had hope for a new beginning.

And as she believed, a new year, a new her.