2- Pain...

I grabbed a beer from the fridge, limping from the pain and swelling happening in my legs. Making the journey to the living room painful. I placed the beer on the coffee table, where there wasn't piles of empty bottles or cigarettes. The stench engulfed my home, making me cover my nose in disgust.

I clenched my fists, filled with anger. I wanted to end it all so badly, and I could do it. One knife could get rid of all the pain and suffering that a single person caused. Just one-

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

I flinched at the sound not knowing who it was, I was pissed but I understood. They stopped me from doing something that I could never forget. I slowly sneaked to the door, making sure not to make a sound.

"One second," I tried to whisper. I grabbed a jacket and zipped it up to my chin to hide all my recent injuries.

"Yes," I uttered, opening the door; shaking from the pain.

"I heard glass shattering, and-" It was my new neighbor, I immediately put my head down to hide the few cuts that were inflicted on my face. Hopefully all he could see was that I was crying from my red puffy eyes. But right before he could say anything, I interfered.

"I think your ears are playing tricks on you." I sighed. "Thanks for caring, sir, that's nice of you. But I have to go now."

"I can't leave you, you're crying-" It was obvious he was worried, but I didn't want to burden him.

So I thought of any excuse, "I really wish I could tell you about the noise, but I didn't hear a thing." I inhaled and showed a bright smile. "Sorry, but It must have been the wind." I slowly closed the door, not meaning to be rude to such a kind and innocent person.

Putting my back against the door, I stared at the back abyss in my apartment. Slightly illuminated by the tv in the living room, while slowly sliding down the door. Tears flowed down my face. I hate this. I just want to stop the pain. I'm so tired of this.

My sobs filled the entrance of the apartment. I was mentally and physically tired. I wiped the tears off my face, trying to find any strength in my legs to help me off the ground. I stood up, putting my jacket back in the closet. My quiet footsteps headed towards my bedroom.

"And it was all thanks our number one hero, Deku!" Rolling my eyes at the news person, I continued on my way to my room. "They both said that they finally got the happy ending they've always dreamed of." My hand stopped right as I touched the door knob. I turned my eyes to the tv, the screen showed a happy couple with their newborn child. Deku had saved them from villains while she was in labor.
It's funny... for a moment there, I found myself dreaming of some life where I was loved... Truly loved, If only happy endings were real.

*

It's been a week since he last arrived, and everyday the world seemed somewhat darker than before. I walked to the bathroom to fix up my appearance and wounds. Luckily, the torment only ever lasted one night. I walked out of the bathroom and stepped on something, making a sharp pain came from my right foot.

"Ah, damn it, I need to get to work." Not caring about my recent injury I got dressed and put my shoes on to go to work, locking the door behind me. As I turned, I saw my neighbor waiting in the hallway.

"Oh, hi. What are you doing out here?" I questioned.

"I wanted to introduce myself because I never told you my name."

"Ah! That's true."

"Haha, My name is Izuku. Nice to meet you... um?"

"Y/n, Y/n L/n."

"Well then, nice to meet you Y/n," he bows.

"Likewise!" I replied bowing back.