Chapter 63: The Final Problem

"Hello? Hello, are you still there?" The little girl's voice woke Sherlock up.

He groaned. "Yes. Yeah, no, I'm still here. I'm here."

"You went away. You said you'd help me and you went away."

"Yes, I know. Well. I'm sorry about that. We must have got cut off." Sherlock got up. "How long was I away?"

"Hours. Hours and hours. Why don't grown-ups tell the truth?"

"No, I am telling the truth." Sherlock said. "You can trust me."

"Where did you go?"

"I'm not completely sure." Sherlock said.

He was in a room. He sat on top of a table, it looked to be a dining room table. The room was dark, and the walls were black. He could see the moon and night sky through a grate above him.

"Um, now, I'll tell you what. You've got to be really, really brave for me." Sherlock said. "Can you go to the front of the plane? Can you do that?"

Sherlock picked up a lantern from the floor, bringing it over to one of the walls. Photographs of him plastered the walls, pictures from his childhood.

"The front. You mean where the driver is?"

"Yes, that's it." Sherlock said.

"Okay, I'm going."

"Are you there yet?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah, I'm here." John's voice echoed through the phone.

"John?" Sherlock said. "Where are you?"

"I don't know. I've just woken up." John said. "Where are you?"

"I'm in another cell. I've just spoken to the girl on the plane again." Sherlock said. "We've been out for hours."

"Is she still up there?"

"Yes. The plane will keep flying until it runs out of fuel. Is Mycroft with you?" Sherlock asked.

"I don't know. I can hardly see anything." John said. "Mycroft? Mycroft? Ah, I just touched something. Someone's here."

Another voice gasped on the phone. "John?"

It was Y/N.

"Oh my God." John said. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know what happened. I hid Rosie but then something hit me from behind and I fell...where are we?" She said.

"Are you okay?" Sherlock asked, his heart beating ten times faster.

"Sherlock," Y/N breathed.

"Are you okay?" Sherlock repeated.

"Yeah." John said.

"Okay, well, keep exploring. Tell me anything you can about where you are." Sherlock said.

"The walls are rough." John said.

"Rock." Y/N said. "And we're standing on stone but there's about two feet of water."

"Yeah, my feet are chained up." John said. "I can feel something. Bones, Sherlock, there are bones in here."

Sherlock knelt on the floor of the room, picking up a dog's bowl. "What kind of bones?"

"Small." Y/N said.

"Redbeard." Sherlock said.

"Who's Redbeard?" The girl from the plane returned.

"Oh, hello. Are you at the front of the plane now?" Sherlock asked.

"Yeah, I still can't wake the driver up." She said.

THE BAKER STREET TRIO (SHERLOCK X READER)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara