Chapter 30

You felt the saw touch your skin and you were already screaming, the pain was unbreable as he begin to hack into you, but you held steady.
You look over to see Patrick, he'd looked away at this point, why won't he say any-, your thought were inturrupted and the man had stopped his movements. Everyone was silent as they listened carefully to the sudden foriegn sound.

Gunshots!

You gasp in pain when you try to move away from the saw and the man looked down at you, he seemed to hesitate. 
A few more gunshots and this time they were closer. You hear the man swear and he then ticks the saw into your side, causing you to scream out in pain.
You felt warm gentle hands touch your cheeks and you try your best to see through your tears.
Patrick was trying to talk to you.

'It's alright, he's coming, they're coming!'

Who's they?

You're about to pass out, the pain is unbearable. It's when you hear a familar voice that keeps you awake. 

John?

You close your eyes and everything went black.

+

When you come to you hiss in pain when you try to move. A sudde hand holds you down and you look over to see Patrick.

'You best not move-'.

'Why're you here?'

It was a question that was now nagging you and he smiled, 'I was never part of their Guild, it was too much for me. Winston had spoken to me and I had decided to convert. I couldn't handle being there'.

'So... You've been like that for quite some time?'

He shook his head, 'in regards to wanting to convert, no, it'd been a few months ago that I had been brought to Winston, I was bested and taken to him'.

You can't help but chuckle only to wince in pain, 'it was quite troublesome to get that saw out of you'.

'Wow, thanks'.

Patrick shook his head, 'look, I'm glad that you made it thro-', you inturrupted him, 'did they get what they were after?'
Patrick shook his head, 'that's not really important (Y/N) and I think you know that', he gently grabs your hand and squeezes it... Uh, no no I can't do this, where's John!

As if on que, John appears but stops at the doorway, his eyes landed on Patrick's hand on yours. 

Oh shit!

You could see the look of shock and then betrayal followed by anger, 'so... How's she going?' He asked and Patrick smiled, 'she'll pull through, the saw didn't go too fa-'.

'Great, I'm glad that's alright, don't move too much, you may pop your stitches'.

He didn't look at you and left the room, 'is he okay?' Patrick noticed the growing hostility in the room. You shake your head, 'he's not very happy, it's been a stressful day', but deep down, you knew that he was hurt, and you wanted to explain yourself, the only thing was you had to recover first, and that was going to be a while.