Chapter 3: Further

Start from the beginning

I don't know what's going on, something fled into my soul. I pushed Shizu-chan out of the way and I rushed to get up. Other workers, special workers I've seen each time I 'broke down,' appeared from the end of the hall. They were sprinting to me at full speed. Shizu-chan gets up and tries to walk over to me. I take a knife from under my shoe and twirled it around, everyone, including Shizu-chan, stopped dead in their tracks.

"One more move and we'll play the game of predator and prey," I grinned at them.

Everybody was struck with horror in their eyes, except for Shizu-chan. Did my words not affect him like the others? There really is something unique with him ever since I've locked eyes on him.

I sensed someone trying to catch me off guard from behind. Heh, this is gonna be fun. I swiftly turn around and see one of my previous workers trying to punch me. I dodge his weak-ass punch and stab him on the left shoulder, I take the knife out and blood drips all over the floor. My precious knife was now stained with the blood of a worthless worker, disgusting.

Shizu-chan takes a step, but freezes, regretting he ever made a move. I flinch at his sudden movement, so I ignored it and pointed my blade at another random worker.

"So does anyone want to see where my knife will end up next?" I taunted them with a smirk.

Even if someone did try to say something, their voices will go in one ear and out from the other. There was no use for them to try to communicate with me. It's hopeless. The other me was fully possessing my body.

I can't be stopped now.

(Shizuo's POV)

What's happening to Izaya? His personality changed from being an over the top bubbly person to a psycho killing maniac. Dammit! I can't do anything in this situation! The emergency lights suddenly powered down by itself and just before it was completely pitch dark, I grabbed hold of Izaya's hand.

Still clinging to Izaya's hand, I hurriedly walk to Izaya's room with the wall acting as my guide. I felt a doorknob and glided my fingers higher. I traced the numbers nailed onto the door and I felt the number 13 on the door, it's Izaya's room. Thankfully, it was unlocked, I opened the door and a ray of brightness blinds me for a second. I pushed Izaya in the room and slammed the door shut, making sure it was locked. I turn around only to see Izaya throwing a pair of scissors at me, I dodged it just in time and went into a defensive stance.

"Don't try anything weird," I slowly stepped forward to him.

"Shizu-chan..." He looked sadly at me, "I can't think at all, the thought of killing has been on my mind ever since."

"We can try to figure this out."

"I'm afraid I can't understand what you're saying. Any who, I have to kill you now, it's been nice knowing you," he gives me a menacing smile.

He dashes towards me and strikes his knife to my chest. I barely dodged it just in time and grab hold of his right wrist. I fling the sharp object out of his grip, leaving a cut on the side of my hand. I hold his other wrist and pinned him down on the floor.

This was the first time that I noticed how slim his wrists were. I could barely grip onto his wrists without letting him slip away. I stared at Izaya's eyes, they weren't soulless or full of bloodlust, they were just eyes. But those same blood-coloured eyes gave me a cold shiver down my spine.

(Izaya's POV)

Even if you force me to back down, I still can't hear a single word you say Shizu-chan. Do you know how frustrated I am to not understand what you're saying or doing? I don't care anymore. Shizu-chan's the only person I trusted in less than 5 seconds since we first met. So if he can't invade into my world and knock me back to my right mind then what's there to hope for? I might as well let the whole darkness eat up my whole body.

Tears start to blur my eyes, aggravated at my poor state, I gritted my teeth. I want to say something to Shizu-chan, but my voice always falls flat.

I've had it! Why live if I'm not in my sane mind.

"Shizu-chan..." I mouthed.

"What is it?" His voice was faint, but I could hear it.

I widen my eyes, my sense of hearing was steadily coming back to me.

"Just... Just kill me," I croaked out, giving him a Cheshire Cat smile.

(Shizuo's POV)

I was enraged by his sudden request. How selfish could he be, first he breaks down and injures a person, now he wants to die?!

I realized I wasn't mad at how selfish he was, but on how he didn't treasure his life enough to make him want to die. I noticed how attached I became with this brat ever since we met. It hasn't even been a full week, but I felt like we've known each other since forever. We just clicked, we've bonded without barely getting to know each other, but now he wants to disappear.

I tighten my grip on his wrists, "Why would I do that?!" I furiously yelled.

Izaya's made a pained face, "Well then... Do you have another way?"

"N... No," I said in disappointment.

"W-Well, if you can keep my mind from going further into the cluster of darkness, then maybe I'd change my mind about dying. Just... Just help me, don't let my mind drift further into insanity."

"H-How do I do that?"

A single tear fell from the corner of Izaya's eye, he gives me an unconvinced smile, "Surprise me."

I was uncertain on what I was gonna do next, but it didn't hurt to at least try.

"Ok then..." I leaned in closer to his face.