Don't open the door-I.N. 🎈Stray Kids

TW: mentions of abuse

🦊

"I.N. can you help with the dishes please?!"

"Coming!!" His drawing was ruined, it just needed a dot of blue but he got startled with Seungmin calling him, and instead of a dot, he smeared a long line across the paper.

Jeongin recently felt left behind, the others each had hobbies of their own, they had places to be and he didn't. He felt as if he was just there, floating around.

Chan and Jisung were busy doing whatever all the time, Hyunjin was practicing for artist of the month while Felix and Minho took a cooking course. Seungmin tried learning to play the piano at home with online classes and Changbin often went out to the gym but Jeongin...Jeongin didn't do anything. He could relax all he wanted, it was his semi break after all, but once he finished watching all of the series on his waiting list he felt a sense of uselessness invade his mind. That's why he was starting to draw, taking Hyunjin as his inspiration.

Other than that, he felt unsure of his future, bad memories making him insecure and sad all the time. He was getting triggered by everything these days, anything made a flashback appear in his eyes and it was affecting his interactions with the others. Sometimes he didn't feel like talking at all not being able to say what he was trying to and getting frustrated, whenever the others touched him he got startled and ended up rubbing where they touched feeling the need to do so. When the others playfully shouted he got scared easily and he became more sensitive to any constructive criticism anyone made. He couldn't control it.

The others were aware of this noticing the change in the maknae's behavior. They were worried but didn't push too much, they didn't want to make Jeongin feel uncomfortable. They gave him space to come talk to them but he never did and that worried them even more. One day, after talking about it, they decided that Jisung should go talk to him given that they were closer these days. He didn't mind, in fact, he couldn't wait to figure out what was going on and help Jeongin.

They suspected that someone was bothering him, a bully? They weren't sure, it didn't matter how complicated the situation could get, they would help him. Always.

Jeongin put on gloves and turned the tap on grabbing a sponge and cup to clean. His mind wandered off thinking about what he could do next, there were many things that he wanted to try like knitting, baking, making use of his journal, maybe even exercising. It all depended on his mood after he finished washing the dishes.

"You're raising kids that don't do anything!!! You have to clean while they're sitting all day!!" The cup Jeongin was washing slipped from his hands falling to the sink clattering loudly, his movements freezing while his eyes focused on the wall in front of him. "Useless!!"

His chest filled with fear, his eyes big. He bit his lip, eyes watering at the dark memories that came crashing to him. No, not now. He wasn't alone, he couldn't freak out right now. The others couldn't know.

"I'm heading out!" Changbin shouted on his way to the front door a bag with clothes and lots of water bottles in it making Jeongin snap out of it "I.N I'm coming home early to hang out okay?" Changbin came closer and rubbed his shoulders making sure he heard him.

"Ok," the maknae waved him off.

"See you later!!" Jeongin's eyes followed him leave, Changbin was getting buff these days, he had a nice body for sure. Maybe it was best to choose exercising as his next hobby. It could help him channel his energy and nerves.

Whenever Jeongin felt shaken up he mustered the courage to share how he was feeling with any of the members but it all came crashing down when he was within five feet from them repressed by guilt. 'Why would they want to listen to my problems?' he'd always end up thinking. Was it so hard for him to keep it all in?