"What in the world," I whispered underneath my breath.

I blew the dust off the book whilst also using my right arm to support Luci's back so that she wouldn't fall. The language was recognizable and I realized it was Latin.

"Sorry love, I'm pretty sure all of these books are in Latin," I whispered in her ear.

She groaned into my shoulder and buried her head into it. "Find something," she sighed. "Please."

I rolled my eyes and saw a thick red book on the bottom shelf. I bent down slightly and picked up. It had a velvet covering and a gold inscription stitched in English.

"The Story of Lilith and Lucifer," I read aloud. "Seems interesting."

And it's in English.

I sat us back down on the chair and Luci sat sideways on my lap. I dusted off the book cover and started to read.

・:*:・。☆。・:*:・゚

Unknown POV

Lucifer was growing impatient.

He had begged Lilith for over an hour to stand in front of the canvas so that he could paint her. Sure he already had hundreds of paintings of her scattered around the manor, but one more couldn't hurt.

"Lilith," Lucifer yelled. "Come stand in front of me again. I need to paint the details of your eyes perfectly."

Lilith floated into the room with a brand new black lace dress. Instead of standing where her lover instructed, she thought it'd be funny to snatch the paintbrush right out of his hand.

"What are you doing Lilith?" Lucifer asked.

The demon smirked. Her brown skin had a golden tint, and her black eyes shimmered with mischievousness.

"You've been painting all evening," she complained.

She sashayed over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Why don't you occupy your time with something more important," she whispered into his ear. "Something like... me."

Lilith smiled and sat on his lap gingerly. She was practically the embodiment of seduction. There was no doubt in her mind Lucifer would deny her.

Lucifer placed his hands against her back and tilted his head back when she placed a kiss on his neck. When Lilith tried again, and he repeated his previous movement, she grew frustrated.

"You've been avoiding me Lucifer," she said sharply.

He had been avoiding her but not for the reason she was thinking.

Lucifer and Lilith had spent years trying for a child. But because of the curse, each time they tried ended in a gruesome miscarriage. Lucifer had suggested they adopt or just not have any kids at all. This would have worked except for one fickle problem.

The one thing Lilith loved more than Lucifer was motherhood.

She longed to be a mother.

Lucifer knew this and wanted to do everything in his power to make her one. What he wouldn't tell is her that he didn't want to be a father. He didn't care much for children since they were too little and could not do anything for themselves. He saw them as liabilities and not assets.