But fear was still there. Inevitable.

"That's the spirit, men! Haha! Let us proceed! And be vigilant!"

The Mercenaries continued to march forward. Unlike before, their mood and momentum improved a lot. Their bodies are not rigid and full of tension either. It proves that when one's mood lighten up, so is the body itself and mind.

As daylight completely dies and night finally arrived, the Mercenaries heighten up their senses for more security. They kept marching, steps were light and even. An hour passed and yet everything remains normal, these group of veterans did not let their guards down and heightened up their sense of hearing.

With the sounds of their steps and the clip clopping of the horses' hooves against the ground, soon they distinguish a very faint extra footsteps that matches their rhythm and pace that they may probably not notice if they didn't exert more in their hearing.

What could it be? What kind of monsters patiently stalks them? Was it a Goblin? That would be good since low level Goblins are easy to deal with. But if it's a Goblin with a level higher, then that was kind of tricky.

Goblins with a level higher than normal ones has intellect that could accurately evade, dodge, and counter an attack that is not relying on with just their instinct and sense of survival alone. With their mischievous and malicious nature partnered with their enhanced stamina, durability, agility, reflexes and strength, it will be burdensome to fight with.

Normal Goblins alone are typically barbaric foes. So what's more if it's on a level higher?

'But it's a Dungeon Break.'

Valdez couldn't recklessly rule out the possibility of other monsters since it is indeed a Dungeon Break. They didn't know which dungeons the monsters came from either. Or how many dungeons will have the same occurrence. It could be a variety of monsters varying from the weakest of slime to Orcs.

Hopefully, there's no medium to high class monsters such as Ogres, Cyclops, Werewolves or Minotaur. Since if those groups of monsters charge at them, there's no chance of winning, let alone survival.

But Valdez, this man, had no plan to die at all. He must finish the job and go back home since there's someone who were waiting for him.

He must go home.

"Kiiikk!"

"Kikiik!"

"Kiekk!!!"

Just as his mind steeling his will to survive, Goblins starts their besieging, lunging at them from within the bushes, behind the trees, and others jumped down from the lush tree leaves. Fortunately, as he hoped for, the Goblins were those normal, weak ones.

But this is not the time yet to feel relieved, since this is just the start. The start of the Dungeon Break.

"Don't underestimate the situation, men! Even they were just the weakest of Goblins, we didn't know if what kind of monsters will next to appear! Better deal with them as fast as possible!"

The first wave of monsters, fortunately a Goblin, was soon dealt with. It took them almost an hour to deal with them not because the Goblins were a little strong, it was because of their number. So even though the first wave of monsters were weak, with their number that tripled theirs, it became a little tough to finish them off in a short amount of time.

After dealing with the Goblins, the Mercenaries proceeded forward leaving quite a number of Goblin bodies behind. With a new level of vigilance and heightened senses caused by the first wave, they became more sensitive to their darkened surroundings that even their owned slowed, and quiet breathing seems so loud.

"Goblin Riders up ahead! A hundred meters at eight o'clock! They were equipped with various of weapons such as daggers, shortswords and bows!"

A cry of alarm from the sole Mage in the group rang out. As someone who knew their selves, the advantage and disadvantage one had, the Mage, and also a quasi-Healer, use fair amount of mana to activate his detection spell to help the group avoid certain danger and any possible threats.

The groups losses was his loss. And if they were not careful and had a reckless accident, with the Dungeon Break just started, they will never last.

"Men, defense formation! Range-type, at the back, and be ready!"

They had barely catch their breath, yet the second wave is already approaching. What's more, the Goblins this time are riding on the Wolves, meaning, the battle for agility and endurance stepped up.

Valdez, as a veteran and had an instinct that was quite sensitive than others added with his innate skill, had a very, very bad premonition stirring in his gut.

"Mr. Alex, please move to the rear. No need to use any other spell and conserve your mana for healing."

Alex, the mage-type, quasi-Healer, his role in this mission was to heal and assist, if really needed. So using his mana needlessly to spells that other Mercenaries could do with just their own skills was indeed wasteful. Especially healing consumed quite an amount of mana.

That's why, instead using that mana to spells that the Mercenaries could do in a more efficient way, conserving it for healing later on was indeed more fitting.

"...I understand."

Then Alex made his way to the rear. Just then when he reaches a safe spot, with two Mercenaries guarding him, Goblins and Wolves arrived and a battle for the second wave began.

"The arrows' tip were laced with poison! Be careful!"

"Fuck! The daggers had poisons, too!"

"Rangers! Shoot the Goblin Archers down!"

"...What the fuck! These monsters' constitution seemed to double!"

As the battle against the monsters heating up and dragging on, it was evident that the humans, these group of Mercenaries, start noticing the strangeness of their opponents. Just like the Goblins they had first fought, the Goblins this time were the same. A little difference that they could note was that the Goblins rode behind the Wolves.

So what could it be? What made these monsters had such better constitution that the first batch?

"...Could it be!"

Valdez, Alex, and the rest of the Mercenaries had something common in their mind, and that thought was that 'something' cast a buff spell on these monsters, even instructing them on what to do.

"Men, resist while retreating! Let's go to the west! These monsters must be purposely dragging the battle! We must leave here!"

Just the mere thought alone that some powerful monster leading behind these Goblins and Wolves was truly terrifying. It must be a higher level for it to control these number of monsters, which made their hair stand and filled them with uneasiness.

They must run and retreat for now. Find a better place than here. Because if what they thought was spot on, then this very place and its surrounding areas all under that monster's control.

They can not let themselves be trapped!