"Shit! I missed KD's name!" Mahen almost yelled and quickly scribbled down.

Wait. Did he say KD? Which means –

"KD? Whose KD?" Rohan asked.

Shit!

"Krishnendu Chatterjee. My substitute in London!" Koushik chuckled.

I grabbed Rai's hand as she was sitting just next to me and found she had turned as cold as ice. Chitra froze looking at Rai and all three of us tried to maintain a straight face.

No way! This cannot happen!

"But-but Mahen you-you said he wasn't coming to India –" I coughed, although before I could talk him out of this Subir interrupted. "By Krishnendu Chatterjee do you mean the exchange student who was there for half of the term with us?" Subir's eyes widened.

"Yes, the one who defeated Rai!" Mahen chuckled. While it seemed a topic for them to pull her leg, both Chitra and I could understand what she was going through.

"Okay, fill in the blanks please," Sanjana stood up, "how do you still know him exactly?"

"Well, we went to the same college in London."

"Ah! I still can't believe he is as enigmatic as before!" Koushik said with complete adoration.

"You-you met him?" Chitra asked. Exactly my question too.

"Yes I did, but just one time in London. Well, I never told you that I was visiting Mahen otherwise you would have killed me." Then he turned towards Mahen, "But are you sure he will come? He is a bit allergic to gatherings!"

"I'll speak with him!" Mahen said confidently.

That's it I am done with this! I just wanted them to divert the topic, right now!

"Can we talk about something else, please? This kind of bromance is just too irritating!" Sanjana spoke on my behalf though completely unaware of the situation.

However, Mahen's sudden mention was enough to have triggered Rai's fear again. She rushed to the bathroom and retched.

"Rai!?" I ran after her but she closed the door. "I am okay, I am okay....just-just I a-ate too much!" She emerged from the bathroom after about three minutes. Her face was dripping water and the kajal was gone.

"Rai, it was just a joke! Sorry if it bothered you," Subir apologised thinking Rai might have got upset because Mahen said Krishnendu had defeated her. Well, my friend, if only you knew that the girl's life was way more complicated than a high school competition!

"Subir! Shut up!" Rai rolled her eyes and sat down beside us.

"Are you okay?" I heard Chitra asking her in a very low tone. She simply nodded and urged us to continue with the wedding preparations.

"Now after Chitra and Koushik, the second couple from the gang and the next ones to bite the dust would be then Mahen and Deepa! I am so happy!" Sanjana almost jumped in excitement. But before her feet could land on the right spot, my bedroom door was burst open and she fell on the sofa.

"Debdyut don't you have control on your limbs! There's a reason why it's called voluntary muscles!" Sanjana shouted as Debdyut rushed in. But he didn't seem to have registered that he had caused Sanajan's sudden minor fall. He looked shocked and was panting. "Elora and Karan got married!" he said looking at us.

"What?!" we screamed.