Chapter 3: Training

Izuku set his duffel bag down on his bed and looked around his room. Nothing had changed. His All Might merch had been untouched, his computer was in the same spot, and his bed was neatly made.

It was like he never left.

He sat down at his desk, which was covered in dust, and stared at the powered off computer. He used to watch an old video that he loved on this very computer.

Memories flashed through Izuku's head as he thought back. The day he discovered he was quirkless, the day Bakugou started bullying him, it all came back to him. A small tear trickled its way from Izuku's eye as he recollected everything.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Inko called him for dinner. Izuku rubbed his eyes and got up to walk towards the kitchen.

Inko had put down the food in front of her son as he sat down at the table. It was katsudon, his favorite. Izuku's eyes lit up at the smell the meal was giving off.

He took a bite and smiled. It reminded him of the days when Inko would make him this exact dish when he was upset about something.
------------------------------------------------------------
After eating, he went back into his room to unpack. The things he brought weren't much, but it was all he could bring. He unpacked a few pieces of clothing, his phone, his hygiene necessities, and a majority of other things.

But the main thing he pulled out of his duffel was a reminder to him. Something he used almost every day.

A set of aerial silks straight from the circus.

The color was a mixture between red and orange, and they were soft to the touch. Izuku went to a side in his room and started setting up a small area, filled with his favorite books and a few pillows he found around the room. Once everything was set up, he started putting up his aerial silks. They were more difficult to put up than to take down, but definitely worth it once he was done.

Once Izuku finished setting up his aerial silks, he wrapped his leg into the fabric and used his gymnastics to move the fabric until he got into a comfortable, hammock-like position.

(Something like that, but with a person in it. Good luck imagining)

Izuku pulled out his phone and went to the news website. As soon as it popped up, the first thing he saw was a headline.

RUNNING AWAY FROM THE CIRCUS? TRAPEZE PERFORMER MYSTERIOUSLY DISAPPEARS!

Izuku immediately turned his phone off and put it back in his pocket. Maybe looking at the news right now wasn't a good idea. After all, he had a big day tomorrow. Izuku closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep in his aerial silk hammock.
-------------------------------------------------------
(time skip to the morning)

Izuku had woken up early to start his training. He still wanted to be a hero, therefore, he decided to put his acrobats to good use. He jumped from tree to tree, as fast as he could. As soon as he got to the last tree, however, his grip slipped on the branch and he fell to the ground. "Ow..." Izuku groaned as he sat up. "Izuku?" He heard a voice from behind him.

Izuku turned around and saw his mother. She looked like she had just woken up, since her hair was a mess at the time. "What are you doing?" She asked her son. Izuku looked to the ground as he stood up, then smiled as he looked at her. "I'm training." He said with quiet, but definite confidence. "Training?" Inko asked. "Training for what?" Izuku looked at her, then the trees, then back at her.

"For the UA exam!"
-----------------------------------------------------------
(A/N)
Man it's been a while, huh? Sorry that I've been gone. School's a pain, but I'll try to get back into writing as soon as I can!