Chapter 4: The Exam

Izuku walked up to the UA building. He had been training for the past 10 months for this exam, and it wasn't easy, either. He had gotten so many cuts and bruises from falling out of tall trees and taking tumbles off a few buildings. To his mom, it was a miracle that he was still alive.

He wore his old middle school uniform, and had his old backpack with him. 'It's ok, Izuku.' He thought to himself as he walked. 'You haven't been to a school for nearly 2 years, but it's ok! I can do this!' Just as he finished that thought, he tripped and began falling. 'Or I can just die.'

He waited to hit the ground face first, but it never happened. He looked down, and realized he was floating. "Are you ok?" He heard a girl say. Izuku began to panic, but he calmed down once he realized an entire year of his life was spent in the air. He turned his attention towards the girl as she put him back on the ground and put her hands together. "I used my quirk on you." She explained. "Sorry for not asking first, but I figured you wouldn't mind me catching you."

Izuku stayed silent as he just stared at her. "Isn't this all just super nerve-wracking?" The girl asked as she held onto her backpack tightly. "Oh! Um...uh..." Izuku stuttered. "Yeah, little bit." He muttered, finally managing to get some words out. "Well, see you out there!" The nice girl said as she waved and walked off. As for Izuku, he just stood there in shock.

'HOLY WHOA, I JUST TALKED TO A GIRL!!' Izuku thought to himself, realizing this was the first time he spoke to a girl his age. He then hurried inside as fast as he could, making sure to take a deep breath to calm his nerves.
------------------------------------------------------------
"WELCOME TO TODAY’S LIVE PERFORMANCE!" A hero known as Present Mic shouted from the stage. “EVERYBODY SAY HEY!”

No one in the room said 'Hey', not even Izuku. He admitted that being the one in the crowd instead of performing was a bit surreal.

"Oh well! You win some, you lose some!" Present Mic yelled before continuing his speech. "ANYWAY, I’M HERE TO PRESENT THE GUIDELINES OF YOUR PRACTICAL! ARE YOU READY?!"

"It’s the voice hero, Present Mic! I used to listen to his radio all the time at the circus! Guess all the teachers are pro heroes!" Izuku murmured to himself as he fanboyed.

"This is how the test would go, my listeners!" Present Mic explained. "You’ll be experiencing ten-minute long ‘Mock Cityscape Maneuverers!' Bring along whatever you want! After this presentation, you’ll each head off to your assigned testing location!"

Izuku looked at his I.D. card. "Probably so that kids from the same middle school can't help each other out." Izuku mumbled to himself.

"Each site is filled with three kinds of faux villains. Points are awarded for defeating each according to their respective difficulty levels! Use your quirks to disable these faux villains…and earn points! That’s your goal, listeners! Of course, playing the anti-hero and attacking other examinees is prohibited!"

"May I ask a question?!" A guy towards the front stood up with his hand raised. Before Present Mic could respond, the guy rudely continued. "There appear to be no fewer than four varieties of faux villains on this handout! Such a blatant error, if it is one, is highly unbecoming of UA, Japan’s top academy! We’re all here in hopes of being molded into model heroes!" The guy suddenly spun around and pointed at Izuku. "And, you, with the curly hair!" Izuku blinked, confused, then pointed to himself. "Yes, you! You’ve been muttering this whole time! It’s…distracting! If this is some sort of game to you, then please leave immediately!"

Izuku covered his mouth out of embarrasment. "Sorry..." He apologized. "Alright, alright." Present Mic said, trying to calm them down. "Examinee 7111, nice catch! Thanks!" Present Mic gave the other two thumbs up for standing up to him. "But the fourth faux villain variety gets you zero points, he’s more of an obstacle."

"Got it. So, like a stage gimmick to be avoided. Thank you sir! I apologize for the interruption!" The guy said as he bowed and sat down.

"THAT’S ALL FROM ME! I’LL LEAVE MY LISTENERS WITH THE SCHOOL MOTTO! THE GREAT HERO NAPOLEON BONAPARTE ONCE SAID…'TRUE HEROISM CONSITS IN BEING SUPERIOR TO THE ILLS OF LIFE.' PLUS ULTRA! BREAK A LEG EVERYONE!"
------------------------------------------------------------
Izuku walked up to the starting line of his arena where everyone gathered. He wore a black tank top with a jumpsuit his mom made for him. Strangely enough, it looked similar to his old performer costume. It was an emerald green with a red-orange cloth wrapped around the waist.

Izuku was as nervous as could be. He was the only kid there without a quirk and was shaking in his boots. He raised his hand to his chest, and took a deep breath once more. This was a coping mechanism he had whenever he got nervous. It always got him through his shows, so it was sure to get him through this.

"AND BEGIN!" Izuku suddenly heard, making him take off immediately. As he ran, he heard Present Mic explaining something similar to 'What, did you expect a countdown or something?'

The first bot he came across was a 1 pointer. He jumped up onto the side of the building, climed a few windows, jumped onto the robot, and hit the 'Deactivate' button on the back of it. As the bot came toppling down, he jumped off of it, grabbed a hanging flagpole-which he spun on like a gymnast- then jumped onto the ground, hands first, and did a front handspring. (sorry if that's hard to imagine)

As he began running again, he heard some comments from people behind him. Some of those comments were similar to "That kid can move!" or "He's really aerodynamic!"

Nonetheless, Izuku carried on. He would deactivate a few faux villains here and there and save a few people as well, using only his gymnastics. He was getting a little carried away until he heard an 'ow' from behind him.

'It's that nice girl!' Izuku thought as he ran towards her. "Are you ok?!" He yelled to her, getting her attention. "Yeah, I think so." She answered. She was stuck under a bunch of rubble. Izuku saw a nearby pipe, grabbed it, and stuck it under the rubble as he used the pipe as a lever. "Hurry!" He groaned as he struggled to keep all the debris up. The girl crawled out as fast as she could, and Izuku let go of the pipe once she was out from under the rubble.

Just as Izuku was going to help carry the girl out, a 'BANG' echoed through the street. Izuku drew his attention towards the sound and his jaw dropped. He watched as the faux villain rounded the corner onto their street. The 'BANG' being the building that had been destroyed by the bots arm. If he didn’t get the girl out from before, she would’ve died. Izuku gritted his teeth, does U.A. not realize that they could die while taking the exam?

Izuku looked around until he found a place he could leap and vault off of, which means that if the plan worked, he would be able to deactivate the zero pointer. And so, he rushed forward and let his plan go into action. He leaped onto the side of the building, vaulted off it, and...

Success!! He pressed the button and the bot started to go down. "LOOK OUT!!!" He yelled to everyone down below as he fell off the bot just as it hit the ground. He expected to hit the concrete below him, but instead he got a slap to the face and a soft landing. Just as he was losing consciousness from exhaustion, the time ran out and a buzzer beeped.

I'm from the Circus (Circus Deku AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें