Chapter 22- Light and Dark

Sunset looked beautiful.

Her hair floated up angelically, like it was supposed to stay up. A glowing horn adorned her forehead. A small red orange mask covered her eyes. She wore a pendant with her cutie mark on it. Her wings were glowing, like they were made of magic. She had a simple white dress on, but a red orange cape connected at her waist, creating a flowing look. She had orange boots on; the sunsets flared out like phoenixes on her boots. She also had sunsets on her arms as cuffs.

My hair floated as well, leaving one strand to shape my face. My dress was a pale pink a-line, creating a train at the back. It was lacy. I had a choker with a pale pink heart on it, just like my element. I had pale pink combat boots that went up to my shins. My wings were white, like my skin, but they were glowing like Sunset's. I had a glowing white horn on my forehead.

"The magic of friendship!" Sunset and I said in unison.

We then used our magic to fix the rifts. Twilight looked like she was panicking. Twilight went after Sunset, but Sunset blocked her spell. They couldn't touch each other. They sent beams at each other. Sunset was about to get to Twilight, but Twilight pushed back. Ruby joined Twilight as I joined Sunset. We easily overpowered the two.

Light burst around us. We were in our own world, staring at each other. Ruby looked at me, desperate for help. Sunset slowly approached Twilight, while Ruby flew over to me. The girl was scared. I could tell by her shaking hands.

"Help me," Ruby whimpered.

I let my magic wrap around her, encasing her in a cocoon. She reverted back to her normal self and broke out of the cocoon. She hugged me tightly as the fire in me slowly tamed itself.

"Take my hand, Twilight. Let me show you there's another way," Sunset said. Sunset looked over at me. "Just like someone once did for me."

Twilight reluctantly took her hand. She was desperate for knowledge. She wanted to know how magic worked. She wanted to know everything. Just like Twilight and I wanted to know once.

The four of us slowly floated to the ground, the light disappearing. Tears gathered in Twilight's eyes. She looked broken. Ruby hugged me tightly. She was shaking, probably the aftershock of the magic that coursed through her.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen," Twilight said softly.

"I know. And going by my own experiences, they'll forgive you," Sunset reasoned.

Spike barked at Twilight, running up to her. He carried her glasses in his mouth. Spike tackled Twilight to the ground. Twilight giggled happily.

My magic glowed around me. The skies cleared into sunny blue skies. How they're standing up to Principal Cinch together, the loving way Caramel was looking at me, the way Twilight was protecting Spike...

The girls burst with energy. Sunset grew ears and a tail. The girls ponied up how they normally did, grinning. The portal glowed in front of us. I watched, curious, then grinned. Twilight appeared, dazed. She snapped out of it when I hugged her.

"What in the magic happened here?" Twilight asked. "I'm chasing Starlight, and my best friend since we were foals is missing, along with her boyfriend, and magic rifts are opening in the middle of Ponyville."

"That was slightly... our fault," Ruby said, amazed.

"There's an us, here?" Twilight questioned in disbelief.

"And we went to Crystal Prep Academy," I said, grinning.

"Ruby Rose!"

Caramel smiled at me. "Ready to go?"

"Five more minutes?" I teased.

"Equestria needs us, Ruby. Plus, we need to go see Starlight," Twilight reminded me.

"Let's go." I nodded.