Chapter 8- Milkshakes and Gossip

"Oh, I do hate that you had to return at the time of crisis. We have so much catching up to do!" Rarity said excitedly.

"For starters, a certain blue-haired guitar player and a green-haired theater kid have been asking about you two," Applejack teased.

"Flash Sentry was asking about me?" Twilight blushed, twirling a loose strand of hair around her finger. She straightened herself as I smiled at her. "Isn't that nice?"

"Perhaps you could give us just the slightest bit of gossip from your world?" Rarity asked.

"She's got an official title now," Spike started, making a trumpet noise. "The Princess of Friendship!"

"Wow, that's really impressive. Guess you two were Princess Celestia's prized pupils," Sunset commented.

"She's even got her own castle," Spike added.

"A castle?! You have your own castle?!" Rarity questioned. "Lovely."

"What's new here?" I offered a new topic.

"I mean, other than your school being the target of dangerous magical creatures from Equestria," Twilight added, making me glare at her. "Sorry."

"Yeah, so that isn't the only strange thing that's happened since you left," Rainbow said, pulling out her phone. She showed us a video of her ponying up while she played the guitar. "Pretty sweet, huh? It happens to all of us when we play."

"My crown and Ruby's necklace were returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must've remained here at Canterlot High. Now that we're all back together, we can use that magic on the Sirens, just like when we were able to use it on Sunset Shimmer when she turned into that awfully horrifying winged monster!" Twilight said quickly. She then realized what she said and turned to Sunset. "No offense."

"None taken. I'm used to it." Sunset slightly smiled.

"They'll never even know what hit 'em!" Rainbow said as she did karate moves.

Applejack stopped her fist. "We've got nothin' to worry about now that Twilight and Ruby are back."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I can find something to worry about." Fluttershy frowned. "But it won't be the Sirens!"

"The sooner we do this, the better." I nodded.

"Any idea where the Dazzlings might be?" Twilight asked.

Pinkie waved her hand, finishing her drink before speaking. "There's a big party tonight for all the bands who signed up to be in the showcase. That would include the Dazzlings."

"Looks like we've got a party to crash," I said as I leaned back in my seat.

"Oh! And Ruby beat Dash in a race," Spike added.

"Did I hear that right?!"

"Oh, be quiet Rainbow, she's done it more than once."