Part 48

The Devil scrunches up his face after learning the passage was actually sealed up after he met the 2 humans, and these 2 humans kicked him back into the hole, back then. If it was that woman's doing at that time, then it's no wonder. The passage was really sealed up, he couldn't get through in any way!

"So," King Ray stares at the Devil, "Who broke you out?"

A good question. This Devil also doesn't know. He just came to the hole to try again today and actually passed through, although he has to climb from the rubble all the way out to the surface.

"So, you don't know," King Ray figures this much. From Flos's words about the guest house before the explosion, there was an adult's footprint going into the building, wasn't there?

"How do you always know what I am thinking even though I am not saying anything?!" this Devil can't believe how scary the humans in this layer are

"Your expressions tell me everything," King Ray releases the Devil from his clutch, "Did Flos say why she let you stay with Duke Wolfberry?"

"She did not let me stay! I choose to stay with that human old man!" the Devil refuses for others to know he is forced to follow a human woman's instruction like a loser

"What did she say?" King Ray doesn't care about this Devil's denials, but he is interested in knowing just how unusual that person is

Grumbling, sorting out his clothes that are slowly drying up themselves, the Devil mumbles, "She said I would be interested in that old man's Daughter, or something,"

King Ray immediately displays an expression of repugnance, "You better do not procreate with a human in this layer and leave your offspring around,"

The Devil stares at King Ray, processing the man's words. Afterwards, the child explodes in fury, "Why would I-! With a human--?!" just thinking about it has the Devil shuddering in sheer disgust, "It's not that kind of interest, you pervy old man! I mean the soul! The soul! That old man's Daughter apparently has the soul I am looking for!"

Soul? That's not a word people often use. King Ray doesn't need to do much to get information out of this little Devil, which kind of disappoints him. In any case, back to the main point, "I don't expect you can guess who destroyed the seal?"

"Why would I guess who destroyed the seal?" even though it's for his own benefit, but the Devil doesn't care about that. As long as he gets the soul, he is going back to his layer without delay! If he can cause trouble to the humans for a bit, then he will do it before going back!

Since that's hopeless, then what about this, "This soul you speak of, what kind of thing is it?"

The Devil comes to a halt, eyeing King Ray cautiously, "Why do you want to know?"

"Maybe I can help you get it?" King Ray says, with a smile that the Devil thinks is full of evil energy

"Yeah, no. No, thanks," the Devil rejects the offer quickly, inwardly scolding himself for getting scared by a puny human and then inwardly reminding himself that he can be eviler than this man. He is the Devil, a being with the letter 'evil' in his name!

Not knowing the rich inner activity of the pseudo-child in front of him, King Ray contemplates the information he gains from this blabbermouth. It seems like King Ray can also get his hands on that soul, if he knows what it is. Hmm... So it is not something intangible?

What is the use of the soul?

The Devil refuses to say anymore, creating a black smog to cover his face, dutifully taking King Ray's advice to heart. To hide his expressions so he won't be easy to read!