Part 46

What a troublesome turn of events.

Flos sighs as she stares at the unconscious bodies of Queen Viola, Scale, Rhythm, and Duke Wolfberry on the floor.

The Devil stares at the standing Flos, dumbfounded. How is this human woman not affected by his magic? Although he is weaker now, his magic is not something someone can avoid just like that! Especially since there is no magic in this layer and so there is no way anyone can defend themselves against magical attack!!

"Are you even human?!" the Devil asks Flos with incredulity, wondering to himself whether this woman in front of him is someone from another layer sneaking into this layer like himself. However, that's unimaginable. If she is a creature from another layer, then he would immediately realise it!

"I'm a human, yes," Flos answers this question, but will keep quiet if asked whether she is a person of this world. It is not necessary to over-introduce herself to this Devil whom she detests.

Fortunately for Flos, this Devil does not think of asking that. Flos can't help but remark, "When you take in this form, your intelligence also decrease,"

"What is that supposed to mean?!" the Devil growls at Flos, but notices Picky Eater raises up along with his voice, then decides to not care about this human woman anymore, "Anyway, I don't have to follow your order!"

Before the Devil runs off, both May-Day, which transform into Picky Eaters, and the original Picky Eater immediately surround the little Devil. Naturally, this causes the little Devil to gape at Flos, "You have 3 of this menace?!"

"Before I let you go, I need you to swear an oath," Flos smiles at the little Devil, "No harming anyone I hold dear to me,"

"Or else?" the little Devil doesn't know how this human woman knows about a Devil's oath, but he certainly will not do it just because she tells him to!

"I will separate you in 3," Flos gestures to the 3 Picky Eater on the scene, "See if you can save yourself then,"

The little Devil can not save himself. He tried when the original Picky Eater held him hostage in its mouth. What even is this menace made of?! Just like what even is this human woman??!!

Since it's just not messing with a few humans this woman holds dear, the little Devil grudgingly agrees to swear the oath.

After receiving the Devil's oath, Flos relaxes slightly. At least, this will assure this little 1 will not be able to do things that will trouble her; because this oath, whether this little Devil notices it or not before giving her his oath, has no set limitation.

"Can I go now?" since he is still surrounded by Picky Eaters, the little Devil asks Flos with gritted teeth to take back her companions

Flos nods in response, pointing at the unconscious Duke Wolfberry, "Take him with you, or go back with him if you have nowhere to go,"

It is true that he is homeless right now. However, he can just hijack a good place to live! There's no need for the Devil to follow this woman's order!

"You'll be interested in his Daughter," Flos notices the Devil's resistance and speaks, "She has the soul you're looking for,"

The Devil feels conflicted. How does this woman know so much? However, to have any kind of news regarding the soul he is looking for... He will just have to go check out the news himself. With a huff, giving up on retaliation because it's too troublesome, not because he can't beat Flos, the Devil takes the unconscious Duke Wolfberry and quickly leaves the Castle ground.

Alone, Flos turns to the 3 Picky Eater on the scene and asks them to bring these unconscious bodies back to the table. After putting them back in their respective seats, Flos also sits down as May-Day return to their white pom-poms form and Picky Eater reverts to its seed form.