Part 36

King Ray turns to look at the heavy rain, making a decision, "Everyone here," King Ray calls, having them look at him attentively before saying, "Go stand in the rain,"

"What?"

"Why?"

"Your Majesty?!"

"This is an order," not accepting rebuttal, King Ray does not care how he is attracting dissatisfaction, "Since you all have time to stand here, go stand in the rain,"

"Your Majesty!" 1 of the old men wants to interject for the maids, but is silenced by what the King asks the maids

"Who is your Master?" who do you listen to?

Being questioned by the King himself causes these maids to realise the grave mistake they have committed. They are the maid of the Castle. They serve the King and the Queen. Although the relatives of the King have Royal blood in their veins, the wage and benefits of working as a maid in the Castle are not given by these relatives.

No longer having the courage to protest, these maids bow their heads in shame and silently walk to stand under the rain. They pray in their hearts that His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen will pardon them for this disobedience. It is unfortunate that they do not know more about why they were called here. If they do know why, if they tell His Majesty the reason, will His Majesty forgive them?

"Your Majesty..."

King Ray turns to look at his relatives, scaring them with the severity of his gaze that aims at them. Their hearts almost stop beating collectively when they hear King Ray's question, "Are they really the witnesses or are you covering them for their insolence?"

"They- They are really the witnesses, Your Majesty!"

"Where were they at the time when the incident took place to hear it over this loud noise caused by the heavy rain? And none of them tried to save the maid that got buried before it happened? Why is the maid buried? Who is this maid? Where is the Queen now?" King Ray asks the questions 1 after another, not letting them think nor does he let them answer the questions, "Where are the guards?"

Where are the guards? This is what confounded the King. If even the guards are bought by his relatives, then this King does not need to rule this Kingdom anymore. Just let these buffoons destroy this Kingdom with their own hands. King Ray and Queen Viola will go and build another Kingdom with people who are loyal to them.

Fortunately for King Ray, Scale shows up quietly from behind his relatives after finishing his task. Seeing the OK gestures Scale makes, the King turns around, walking away and leaving the sight of these maids punished to drench in rain with his relatives following behind him, stumbling over each other to ask about his plan.

"I am going to search for my Queen," King Ray's gaze is still cold when he turns slightly to stare down at them whilst walking, "For every half an hour I don't find my Queen, 1 of you will join the maids to stand under the rain,"

"Your Majesty! That's ridicu-"

"You are the people who bring me the news of the assault, heard from these indolence maids who are not at where they are supposed to be," King Ray stops walking, turns around, and narrows his eyes at his relatives, "Your indulgence for the maids who work in the Castle are intolerable, do you understand?"

He calls them old men, but these men are just his uncles, the relatives of the same generation as his late Father. Why did his Father die so quickly whilst these fossils are still loitering around the Castle, bothering him?

Scale has to roll his eyes when King Ray becomes murderous so suddenly just from looking at his relatives for too long. Clearing his throat, Scale announces his presence to these relatives of King Ray that haven't noticed his reappearance among them, having been confused about the events that happen outside their expectations, "Your Majesty, esteemed Gentlemen, I have brought you good news,"