chapter 5

Ryan pov.

I stared at this 6 foot 5 inches tall man dressed in pure clad black looking like a bat. This guy had to be an orphan. There's no way his parents would have let him be otherwise. "I'm here because I dropped off a bounty so I could eat." I say truthfully as we stare at one another.

"We have your metal pod." The bat guy said as the Engineer looked at him cooing.

"Sergeant Ryan O'Malley. ODST leader of Angel Squad of the UNSC." I sigh standing up waiting for them to do something.

"Whats an ODST?" James asked as I looked at him.

"Orbital Drop shock Trooper. Meant to be a vanguard of sorts for your basic marines. We go in and clear the place and the marines mop up. Or we're sent on grab and burn missions." I explained as the main doors opened to show a man in all red with a yellow lightning symbol, a man wearing blue and red, and a tall muscular woman with a lasso on her hip.

"Where's Jon?" Bat guy asked.

"He's calibrating the teleporter to take us to the watchtower." Yellow lightning man said.

"So you're the space invader." Blue man said. I know I recognize him from somewhere.

"In all actuality you're correct." I admit as the engineer twisted its head looking at the woman.

"What is that thing?" James asked bringing back the fact that 4 strangely dressed people were standing in the middle of a police station and not being arrested and sent to a mental asylum.

"It's basically a super biologically computer." I shrugged as it cooed before going back to the phone. "One that enjoys cartoons it seems."

"Oh cool." The lightning bolt said before appearing next to Engie watching the phone.

"What kinda fuckery is this?" I asked looking back and forth.

"That's the flash. I'm Superman. This is Wonder woman and you've met batman." The blue man said as I looked at them all.

"Okay then. If I'm going anywhere with yall I'm getting my gear from the truck." I say going to the door slipping past the 2.

"What brings you here?" I look over to see the wonder woman walking beside me.

"Ask Engie. He's the one who brought us here. Don't know how." I admit as I get to the truck bed reaching in pulling out 2 cases. One contains my armor the other containing my guns. "Honestly I might as well just retire at this point."

"Why is that?" She asked as I thought back to it all.

"I have nothing to go back to and the last mission I was on was my last before I got promoted to a drill instructor for other ODST." I sigh leaving out the other parts of horror about my past.

"How old are you?" She continued to ask while I saw the others walk out while Engie cooed floating around batman who looked slightly annoyed.

"25." I say as I think about the years of service I've had.

"Why would you retire so young?" She asked as I looked at her confused.

"I've been serving since I was 15." I say as Superman looked at us.

"You got drafted at 15 years old into the military?" Superman asked.

"No i joined when the war came to my home." I answered as we just stand there. "So we going somewhere or-" A bright tube of light appeared around us and my surroundings turned from a dark police parking lot into a lively setting of a metal station on a circle of lights. "-are we going somewhere....."

"Welcome to the watch tower." Flash said as I looked around seeing the window view out to earth.

"Hmm. I've seen better views." I say before looking at the running personal. I noticed how some of the people who came with me looked confused.

"You'll be coming with us to meet Jon Jonz." Wonder woman stated as I nodded following them. There were many people dressed in crazy costumes and of different sizes. I felt very out of place yet fit right in.

"So what's this outfit called?" I asked watching a 10 foot tall man made out of muscle walk past.

"We're called the justice league. Heroes of earth." Superman said with pride.

Sounds like a Sunday morning cartoon reject. I thought as I continued walking. "Next you'll tell me that yall are working with elites for galactic peace." I joked as flash looked confused.

"No we don't really have contact with other species unless absolutely necessary. Now when you go in Jon will ask you questions and you just need to answer truthfully." Superman explained as they opened a door showing a green man in a cape.

"Hello Sergeant Ryan." HD said in quite a monotone voice. "I am Jon Jonz."

"Howdy." I say setting my equipment down inside the room and taking a seat across from him. "So where's the truth serum?"