16

Lucifer stared at the key with so much admiration. This was the moment he had been waiting for and now his supremacy was closer than ever. He stared at Nahamani. His eyes had returned to their normal color and they were sparkling in excitement. The angel he was staring at, however, was not as excited as he was. Lucifer crouched down to meet her eyes and he smiled. He was not actually planning to kill her but he knew he would have to because she will try to expose him.

"Kill me already". She said. Lucifer shook his head.

"Death is the easy way out. I've always said that the best way for a person to understand the gravity of their actions is through torture". He said with glee.

"You're losing your mind". She replied to him. Lucifer shrugged.

"I've already lost it". He reached out for the key on her neck. Nahamani couldn't move because of how her neck was sour from Lucifer's assault earlier. Lucifer however when he reached for the key got shocked by it. He let out a cry before releasing it from his grasp then he stared at his palm. It had been burned and it was not healing as fast as it should. He looked up at Nahamani, his anger building up.

"Whatever you have done to this key, I command that you undo it before I render that neck useless". He threatened. Nahamani however was utterly confused as well. She held the key before and nothing happened to her.

"I did nothing to it". She said. Lucifer growled at her, and she flinched.

"Then why can I not touch it?" He asked. She stared at him closely. The light that surrounded him was slowly fading away. Perhaps he was dying and that was why he needed the sword.

"Maybe you are not pure enough".She said. Lucifer laughed at her after this. No matter how many times she heard it, his laugh always scared her.

"Give me the key". Nahamani shook her head.

"No. You would have to kill me to get it". Then she paused and smiled. " But you can't kill me because I'm the only one who can hold that key". She said. Lucifer stared at her. Just like Adriel, she was beginning to underestimate him and he loved when someone belittled his ability.

He came closer to her and used his finger to poke the sore neck causing her to wince.

"You see one way or another, I will get what I want. I might not be able to kill you but I will kill every angel in the heavens until you release that key and if you refuse still, I will make you hold that precious key then happily chop of your arms and open the door". Nahamani shook her head. Although the words fazed her, she put on a brave face in front of Lucifer, something he really hated.

"I'm sorry but unlike these two cowards behind you, I will never give you what you want because of empty threats". Lucifer narrowed his eyes and smiled at her.

"Empty threats?" He asked with an amused face. "You think I am bluffing?"

He didn't even give her time to reply, he grabbed her chains and disappeared from the white room alongside Adriel and Gadreel who stood like soldiers all through the conversation. Lucifer brought her to the front of a chamber and he lightly knocked on the door.

"What are you doing?" Nahamani asked in fear. " Whose home is this?"

Lucifer smiled at her.

"I'm showing you that I don't make empty threats and for the second question, well you'll see". He replied. The door opened and Kemuel stepped out. He eyed Lucifer and the three angels in front of him and he opened his mouth in shock. The rebels were alive and so was Nahamani.

"Nahamani?!" He called. Nahamani shook her head.

"No, close your door. Please run away". She said. Lucifer scoffed at her. He then pushed Kemuel into his home and sealed the door so one could come in.

"Master, what is this?" You said the rebels were dead, you said they killed Nahamani". He hurriedly said as Lucifer was already grabbing him from the throat.

"I lied. You should have known that by now. I mean, I did walk in here with three of them perfectly well". He said. He could have chosen any angel but he was tired of looking at Kemuel's face. He was also tired of how he challenges him whenever he speaks. He was the perfect scapegoat.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his eyes wide. Lucifer almost laughed at how scared he was. It was almost hard to believe that he was the same angel who had ordered the death of two rebels earlier on.

"I want to kill you". Lucifer plainly replied. Kemuel whimpered in fear.

"Why would you....."

"You do not get to ask questions, but then again, why hide the truth from you? You see, Nahamani here had dared me indirectly to take the life of an angel in heaven, for a certain price of course. I want you to know that the reason you will die today is because of her". He whispered the last part in Kemuel's ear before squeezing his neck.

"Please let him go, This isn't what I meant. Lucifer please". Nahamani begged. Lucifer sighed while staring at Kemuel whose head was swelling up.

"You really make the right decisions at the wrong time". He said before removing his head from his body and the dust that followed scattered across the room.

"NOOOOO!" Nahamani screamed. Lucifer turned to her with a smile.

"What was that"? He asked. Nahamani glared at him, her eyes glowing.

"You will be destroyed Lucifer, whatever you are planning wouldn't work. The maker is watching you and he will judge you. He will destroy you". She said, tears flowing from her eyes. Lucifer laughed at her.

"For a minute, I thought you were going to attack me". He teased her.

"You will perish". Lucifer sighed.

"Let's do this again. The key". He asked. Nahamani glared at him in response.

"I will easily just walk to the next house and kill the angel in it and keep doing so until the heavens become empty. And then you will be remembered as the angel who preferred to save a key over the lives of her companions". He said to her. Nahamani cried some more and Lucifer gave her time to do so. He was enjoying every moment of this. He even wished Nahamani would refuse so he would kill more angels for his pleasure.

"Fine". She whispered and she removed the key from her neck and extended it to Lucifer. He smiled at her and watched her. She had a murderous look on her face although he knew she would never kill because she was just too good. Maybe he should taint her a little.

"Hmm, I could take it but I don't want to. I mean it did shock me once". Nahamani gasped.

"You said..."

"Oh I know what I said, I just changed my mind about something". He then came close to her and played with a strand of her hair.

"You, my dear would be the one to open the door for me to take the sword". He said. Nahamani released a tear from her sore eyes once more knowing she didn't have a choice but to do the bidding of Lucifer.