Chapter 10 | Meet The Heroes!

Start from the beginning

"I do not see a problem with it. You two are strong enough to take care of yourselves, and if need, can support the pro heroes. And though you do not have a proper license, the staff that have met you already consider you strong enough to not hinder them even with your lack of experience."

"Alright! Then today's schedule has been decided." 

~Time Skip~

C.C and Nightmare were sitting in a spare room, waiting for Nezu to gather the pro heroes that would be on duty today. A few minutes later, they hear voices coming from the hallway. 

The door opens, revealing a few familiar faces, and some new ones. There were four heroes that came.

"Aizawa! And Present Mic? I think." 

"You got that right kid! You can call me Hizashi Yamada, nice to meet you!"

Nezu steps forward, let me introduce everyone. "These are the pro heroes Eraserhead, Present Mic, Midnight, and Thirteen." He says, pointing to each of them in turn, before turning around to face the pro heroes. "And these two are C.C and Nightmare. They will be accompanying you today while you work."

"Are you sure this is alright Nezu? If something happens we can't protect them." Thirteen states.

"Oh they'll be fine. You all met C.C's older brother yesterday, didn't you?" 

"His older brother...?" Midnight's eyes go wide, "You don't mean the guy with the bear mask, do you?!"

"Yes, that's him." 

"Holy crap! Seriously?! I thought that guy was a villain! He took all of us down in minutes! What the hell was his quirk?! Not to mention he was protecting that blondie behind him the entire time as well!"

"I think it was that he didn't have a need to breathe? Is that right C.C?"

"Uh- well, yeah- sorta."

All the pro heroes in the room were shocked speechless. 

"So... we got taken down by a man with a bat...?"

"That seems to be the case." Nezu responds, sipping a cup of tea that he pulled out of who knows where. 

"I... feel like my pride just hit rock bottom." Present Mic says. 

"You can say that again." Midnight replies. "Well, putting that aside, what are your quirks?" She asks, turning to the two. 

"Well, Nightmare can use shadows to move around and such. And as for me..." C.C says, "Well, I think it's just better to show you."

He blinks, making his blue eyes turn back to black, and the room is instantly replaced with a black void. 

After a few seconds of scanning the area, Thirteen spoke up. "Wow, this is really something."

"This is basically my own realm, so aside from controlling the people inside it, I can change things freely to fit my needs." C.C says, the void fading away as the room reappears. "That includes causing physical damage as well as mental damage."

"Noted." Midnight replies, placing her hand on her hip, "Well, its great to have you on board. We'll be counting on you if things go south." 

"Likewise." C.C and Nightmare respond, before departing into the city. 

They were trying to keep it subtle, but this was the first time C.C and Nightmare were actually able to take a proper look at the place, so it was hard not to stare. The city was so different than the town they lived in, and everything was so much brighter too. 

At some point, Aizawa had split up from the rest of the group, and when the other heroes were asked why, they responded, 

"Eraserhead is an underground hero, unlike the rest of us." Like that explained anything, but neither of them could ask about it without sounding suspicious, so they decided to search it up later. 

For the rest of they day, they heroes, along with Nightmare and C.C went around the city to patrol and help with any problems they came across. This was when the duo learned that being a hero wasn't just about fighting the large scale villains, but also helping civilians with smaller things, such as getting a cat out of a tree or helping an old lady with groceries across the road. 

The grandmas seemed to love Nightmare for the later, seeing as he could carry much more than his body's size should allow. A few of them even gave the duo small snacks, which they happily enjoyed as they followed the other heroes around. 

The only noticeable incident was a bank robbery, but it was resolved quickly with minimal injuries. The villains robbing the bank were captured and besides a wall caving in from an explosion (which Thirteen quickly took care of) there wasn't much property damage either. 

All in all, the duo would call the whole experience successful, even if they felt dead (or more dead, in C.C's case) afterwards. 

________________________________
A/N:

I'm sorry that this chapter is on the shorter side!! Of course, all chapters that are written will have at least 1000 words, but this one is barely hitting the minimum! Well, cya in the next chapter!
By the way, I've been posting every day since I started this story, but my posting schedule isn't daily, so don't expect a chapter every day. I have homework to do!
CHAPTER 10 IS REVISED! I think this is the chapter I've added to the most so far- like a whole 400 words more. IT IS NO LONGER THE SHORTEST CHAPTER!!! 
August 24, 2023

*I'm editing all the chapters because I just noticed I've been spelling 'heroes' as 'heros' this entire time ;-;