𝙻. 𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚝

Start from the beginning

Narcissa chuckled tearfully. "Oh my little loves..." she said and pulled all three into a gigantic embrace.

Violetta was glad that her mother was feeling better now that she and her brothers had put on their brave but fake faces. She knew it was only a matter of time before their mother was going to realise that they were only doing this for her and there was nothing to celebrate because their family was broken and lost.

"We love you mama," Violetta sighed when she and her brothers broke the embrace.

"And I love you three very very much," said Narcissa with a soft smile.

Regulus took out a set of Wizard's Chess and sat on the floor by the fireplace with Draco, their sister and mother setting themselves just near them but instead of playing chess, they were going through some old photo albums.

With a bitterness poisoned heart, Violetta went through the memories of her and her brothers' childhood while her mother was just gushing over how adorable they were with their matching outfits and little shoes.

"Oh my goodness!" Cried Violetta and a genuine laugh escaped her lips. "You two look absolutely ridiculous!"

Her brothers turned to look at her and their mother who were chuckling at a picture. They frowned, left their chess game be and walked over to the chuckling pair.

"What are you laughing about?" Asked Draco but got his answer when he saw the photo his sister and mother were looking at. "Come one, mum! Why did you put us in those clothes?"

"Darling, they were adorable. You two were so adorable," Narcissa insisted.

"Those were ruffles, mum. You made your sons wear ruffles," said Regulus and glared at his sister who was still laughing.

Narcissa merely rolled her eyes. "Now don't be so dramatic, boys."

"Hah!" Draco laughed when he flipped the page. "Look at you, Lettie. A teeny tiny princess."

Violetta frowned and looked at the photo. She was around three and wearing the most absurd dress.

"Oh my little princess," sighed Narcissa when she looked at the photo. "In my defence, Priscilla got you that dress. She was thrilled beyond words to have someone to buy tiny dresses for."

She turned to look at Violetta but the girl wasn't looking at her or the photo anymore. Violetta was looking at her forearm where the mark was burning. She swallowed and got up without saying a word.

"Sweetie..." started Narcissa but Violetta shook her head.

"Do you two have to go?" Asked Violetta when turning towards her brothers.

The two blondes shook their heads.

Violetta grimaced.

Whenever she was summoned alone, it only meant that she was either to be trained by Bellatrix or she was meant to make her first kill. Training with Bellatrix was the better option ― Violetta has no heart to actually kill anyone but her sessions with her aunt were equally soul crushing.

"Okay well, I have to go," she said.

She felt her chest getting tighter but pushed the feeling out her mind and therefore she had to think about something that makes her angry. But she couldn't ― she has had too much fun within the past hours.

Violetta felt her mother's hand on her cheek.

"Be careful, alright? I couldn't bear it...." started Narcissa but didn't dare to finish.

"I'll be fine mama," she said and left without saying another word.

══════ • ❀ • ══════