𝙻. 𝚊𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚝

Start from the beginning

Maybe it was the utter exhaustion she's been feeling lately but Violetta didn't hesitate to snuggle next to her mother.

"Hello sweetheart," said Narcissa and kissed the back of Violetta's head.

Violetta didn't say a word but sighed heavily.

Narcissa wrapped her arm around Violetta. "Is everything all right?"

"I couldn't do it..." muttered Violetta.

A huge weight was lifted from Narcissa's shoulders ― she didn't know what to do or how to react if Violetta would kill someone. She was going to love her daughter regardless, there was no doubt there, but she didn't know how she should discuss the matter.

"Lettie..." started Narcissa but stopped when Violetta turned her face towards her.

"I don't want to talk about it," said the young woman, earning a nod from her mother.

"Okay, that's okay," said Narcissa, brushing some of Violetta's hair from her face.

Violetta nodded, relieved that her mother wasn't going to make her talk about it. But she didn't want to just be there in silence either ― her conversation with Druella still bothered her. Well it didn't bother her because Druella had promised her that she wouldn't say a word about Fleur and for some odd reason, Violetta knew this was true.

Part of Violetta wanted to tell her mother about Fleur but she was afraid.

She knew her mother could never disown her but telling her would change things and she nor her mother could take any more changes. Pushing her thoughts aside, Violetta chose to take on a lighter subject.

"You know mama, Christmas is soon and so is my and Regulus' birthday," said Violetta, a small smile spreading across her face.

She really needed something else to think about and so did her mother.

Narcissa tapped Violetta's nose with her finger. "I know that, thank you very much. I don't tend to forget my children's birthdays. No matter what the times are like."

"Good because we have a surprise," said Regulus when he and Draco entered the room.

"What have you three done?" Asked Narcissa and glanced at her daughter who was now genuinely smiling which she hasn't done in awhile.

Violetta smirked, stumbled out of bed and held her hand for her mother so that she could get up as well. Narcissa didn't hesitate but took her daughter's hand and followed her and her sons out of the bedchamber, into the corridors and down the stairs.

The children led their mother all the way to the drawing room which looked nothing like it did hours ago when Narcissa had last been there.

There was a Christmas tree in the middle of the room, all decorated with decades old family decorations and new ones which Narcissa buys every year ― except for this year. Stockings were hung by the fireplace and there was a small pile of presents underneath the Christmas tree.

Narcissa had gasped when she entered the room, her hand flying to cover her mouth as she looked around. An enormous wave of guilt washed her over for not being the one to bring at least some holiday joy to her children.

"Y-you told me that you didn't want Christmas this year..." she whispered and turned to look at her children. "I would have done all this."

"We know," said Draco. "But then we thought ---"

"--- that even if things are a little gloomy at the moment ---" continued Regulus

"--- we shouldn't let it affect every single thing in our lives," finished Violetta.