“It’s Jonah. The kid you appointed Beta of Moon Shadow before we left. He attacked Jackson and was also the one who said Luca and Charlotte may not be all they seem,” I told him again.

        “Do you really think Luca is part of the plan to kill you?” Blake asked and, as much as I wanted to be able to give a definitive answer to the questions, I couldn’t because I didn’t know.

        I didn’t want to believe what Jonah was telling me. Luca had been my only friend for such a long period of time, When Link wasn’t around because he had to go to training or the rare time that he did spend with his friends, Luca was the one who kept me company and he was the one who spent more time with me than anyone else in the pack did.

        He was my best friend. He knew more about me than anyone else did. He had always kept me safe and had never done anything to put me in deliberate danger. He was everything that a best friend should be and I hated that Jonah had put the seeds of doubt in my mind over whether he was capable of being a traitor.

        “I don’t know,” I sighed as we reached the room where Jonah was now being kept. The two guards bowed their heads and greeted me through the mind link.

        “Before we go in there,” Blake said and the guard paused as he was about to open the door, “I don’t think Luca is capable of actually killing you. I might not have liked the kid to start with but he would do anything to keep you safe. And, like I told you when you first mentioned Luca, he hated James with a passion. He would have killed James himself had you not got there first.”

        “I hate myself for even entertaining the thought. But there’s a traitor in the pack who will do anything to see all four of us dead. I have to consider every possibility,” I said. I discretely wiped the tears from my eyes as I gave the guard a nod to tell him to open the door to the cell. I needed to get this done with and I needed to get it done with now before I had any further thoughts over the involvement of Luc in the plot to kill me.

        When he pulled it open, Jonah was barely awake. He looked like he hadn’t slept since he was moved into the room and the bruise around his neck wasn’t looking any better than when I left him the first time – though he did have a rather painful looking black eye to match his neck and I had been told he may also have a broken bone or two.

        I guess that’s what happened when you try to fight against my top warriors. You are never going to win because they are trained to be fierce and heartless in the face of danger. He should have simply gone quietly as they asked him to do when they recaptured him.

        “Ah. Ellie. I was beginning to wonder when you would show again. I did miss you,” Jonah laughed with a smirk.

        “Shame I don’t feel the same about you Jonah,” I said as I pulled the chair from the corner of the room and sat myself directly in front of Jonah. Blake was stood behind me with his hand on my shoulder and his stare on the prisoner.

        “Is that really any way to speak to the man who knows when and how you are going to die?” Jonah continued to laugh. I could have punched him there and then but I managed to refrain from doing so. I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of knowing he had gotten to me and that he was playing with fire.

        “I don’t have time for your games Jonah. You are going to tell me what you know and, should you refuse to tell me what I want, you will die. It’s pretty simple really,” I shrugged.

        “Well. Ask away. There is much to tell you,” Jonah replied smugly. His eyes never moved from mine and it was obvious that there was something evil in the corner of his eye. It was the look he gave me which told me he was up to something but I wasn’t leaving this room without the answers I wanted and I would do whatever it took to get those answers.