CHAPTER FOURTEEN

ELLIE

        “You need to stop. Seriously,” I couldn’t stop laughing as Blake poked my sides for the thousandth time. He hadn’t stopped touching me since we walked out of Jackson’s hospital room and he successfully growled at every single male in the hospital until they bowed their head in submission.

        Even that made me laugh. Blake was one of the least terrifying people I knew and he didn’t have it in him to kill most of the time. He was lovely and the things he did for me only made me fall more in love with him every single day – our bond never seemed to stop growing with each day that actually passed.

        But the unmated males of the pack were seriously terrified of Blake. They thought he would rip their heads off if they so much as looked at me. Some of them had an unnecessarily active imagination and, through the pack link, I had seen the things they thought would happen to them – from literally ripping their heads off to going all wolf on their arses and killing them that way instead. Death always seemed to be involved for some reason.

        “You don’t seem convinced,” Blake replied smugly as he poked me once again and I ended up screeching a little. The guards outside of the prison blocked jumped at the noise I made.

        “Blake,” I muttered. The smile on my face didn’t help the matter though but he did raise his hands in mock innocence. The look on his face telling me that he hadn’t done anything wrong and I must be imagining things.

        “Alpha,” the two guards bowed their head as they opened the door to the cells. I smiled politely at the both of them and walked past them with Blake following in tow as he spoke to himself about something.

        He was a weird one at times but he was mine. I just took him as he came and didn’t bother to complain about it. Especially since it took us long enough to get where we are now in the first place.

        “So who is this pack member?” Blake asked.

        “If you had been listening to me instead of poking me, you would know which pack member it was,” I muttered as we took a corner. Jonah had attempted to escape not five minutes after I left the dungeon so he was now in the maximum security room we have under twenty-four hour watch. He was chained to the wall and he had been dosed with a little wolfsbane so that he was too weak to attempt another escape.

        “I would rather be poking you with something other than my fingers,” Blake muttered to himself. I simply chuckled and decided I was going ignore it before we ended up in a conversation about all the things he wanted to do to me tonight since he had taken it upon himself to ask Jayson to watch the twins – he didn’t want to see him but he would allow him around the twins.

        Something about him being the person he trusted most out of the two people who were capable of doing their jobs. But he was sure to make it clear that, just because Jayson was watching the twins for the night, that didn’t mean he had forgiven Jayson for what he had done and neither did it mean they were going to be friends again in the future.

        I was going to work on that though. I would lock the two of them in a room and refuse to let either of them out if that’s what I had to do. They had been friends since they were both four and they had been through more shit than I cared to remember together – I wasn’t going to let Blake be a fool and throw everything away for the sake of a stupid mistake Jayson made as a kid.

        Jayson may be the reason Blake’s mother is dead but it’s not like he wanted it to happen. Blake’s father didn’t exactly give Jayson a choice. It was either let the rogue onto the land or Jayson’s entire family would be murdered which would then have been followed by the death of both Blake and Jamie – just as Blake needed Jayson as a kid, Jayson needs Blake as an adult.