End of Summer

I do not own any characters. All belong to the author of the Harry Potter series JK Rowling the best writer. EVER. Of course if you didn't know that then you shouldn't be here but going to read the original series. Cheers!!

Lilly's POV

"Lilly, sweetheart a owl is here for you" yelled Mrs. Evans.

"Coming mum" I yelled back running down the stairs. It must be my Hogwarts owl it's the middle of August I thought. I pulled the note from the owl gave her a Knut and started reading it.

"Mum can we go to Diagonal Ally?" I asked "I need some new books and stuff for school"

"Sure Lilly! Tomorrow maybe. Wait what is that?" I noticed a badge fell from the second envelope.

I read the note "Mum! I'm Head Girl" noticing the odd look mom was giving me I elaborated. "Every year they chose 2 7th years one boy and one girl and to be 'heads' we get to share a common room with our own bedrooms and baths, we get to give order to prefects and we basically get to plan events with the professors."

"Oh Lilly it sound like a big honor I'm so proud of you!" She told me crushing me in a big hug

"What's with all the squealing" asked my sister in a cold tone as she and my dad entered the room.

"Lilly has just made Head Girl and it's a big honor you can get in her school" my mom said with her and my dad beaming

Petunia scowled. "Congrats" she said not very cold tone. We used to be really close but then I found out I was a witch and she's always calling me a freak.

"Mom my boyfriend, Vernon, is coming over for dinner tonight remember?" She asked in a sweet tone but I knew she was trying to direct the attention on to her and not me.

"Oh yes that's right dinner is almost ready. I'm going to go change into something nicer" her mother said

"Lilly you should too."

I stopped from rolling my eyes and said "yes mum"

"oh and Lilly he doesn't know about you or your school and I prefer to keep it that way" petunia said.

"Yes" I said and ran before I could make a smart remark I would regret. She made me so mad sometimes.

I was walking down and I heard her crying "Petunia are you alright" I asked through her closed door.

"No I'm not" she replied. I went in and immediately noticed that her dress was all ripped and torn her face was red from crying and her hair wasn't done up. "I fell" she said. "Vernon bought me this dress and it was very expensive and beautiful"

"Petunia wait here" I told her and ran to my room where is it where is it I thought and found it. My wand made of willow wood. I ran back to her room

"What are you doing?" she asked

"I can fix your dress if you let me" I know she's mean but I couldn't bear to see her so upset. "I don't want" but she was interrupted by the door bell ringing. "Fine do it quick. Please" she said

I did afew complicated spells. Her tears and puffy red eyes vanished, her dress went back to normal and her hair was done all neatly. "Thank you" she said and ran out to meet Vernon.

I did my own hair very straight and came down as well. "Hello my name is Lilly I'm Petunias younger sister" I held out my hand and he shook it. Dinner was quite boring and I didn't like Vernon but I kept polite and petunia did too probably because I fixed her dress.

The next day my mum and dad took me to Diagon Ally. I bought my new books, quill, ink, parchment, some sweets, and food for my owl.

Mom snuck off but I figured out later. She bought me a necklace with an emerald (matched my eyes). It was a gift for becoming Head Girl. I aside long apprated my mom then came back for my dad.

They were both looking queasy and I laughed. "It takes some getting used to" I told them laughing my head off.

It was now September 1st and I was in platform 9 3/4 saying good bye to mum and dad at the train station when I met up with Marlene and Alice.

We talked as we got on the train and I told them I had to go to the head department to find out who head boy was but promise to catch up with them later. It was five minutes later and the door opened but I was looking the other way when I heard the arrogant boy I hated since first year say

"So Evans I guess were partners." No way. I turned around and stared my mouth hanging open. Who in hell would make him head boy. But there he was. Standing there with a brilliant shining gold badge that read Head Boy. His cocky arrogant smile. His hair that never could be tamed and his glasses holding the newest model of a broom stick that just came out. I couldn't be it couldn't be. But it was.

It was James bloody Potter

Hey guys I want your opinion on this first chapter and I welcome constructive criticism. Sorry we didn't get to the bet but I promise it will be in either chapter 3 or 4. The next chapter will be the same chunk of time but from James's point of view. Then we'll get to school then the bet.