8/10

Mark knew exactly what Donghyuck was going to ask just as the boy followed him to the kitchen. The older had his back turned on purpose, waiting for the younger's first move.

"Are you free tonight?" Donghyuck suddenly spoke.

"Oh, hi," Mark faked a surprise as he turned around. "I don't know yet. Maybe they'll call me to a student council meeting. Why?"

"I just wanted to ask if you want to go somewhere to eat. Like a food date."

Donghyuck was so calm asking this. Mark remembered seeing him shy when he suggested the idea. It made him think that Donghyuck was putting on a mask 

whenever they met eye to eye. It was hard to see him getting shy.

"Sounds interesting," Mark hummed as he scratched his chin. "I'll see what I can do to move my schedule."

Donghyuck played it cool, just nodding and walking away, though Mark knew that he was happy.

Their little date happened at a restaurant with a glassy terrace. Seeing the interior, Mark took mental notes that it was the place Donghyuck wished them to go before.

Sitting across each other, they looked at menus. Mark was relieved that prices weren't higher than his grades (and his grades were already high!), only the interior made it look fancy.

After they finally ordered the food, they fell into an awkward silence. Again, Donghyuck was so natural, pretending that he wasn't awkward at all, although Mark felt like he knew what the younger was thinking. Donghyuck had to be thinking about how to start a conversation.

But Mark thought about it too. That was why they started in at the same time.

"Tonight is–"

"This place is–"

Both of them stopped, waiting for the other to finish.

"Tonight is a great day to spend it outside. It's not cold at all," Donghyuck finished it first.

"Yeah... And this place is actually gorgeous. Where did you find it?"

"Just saw it while surfing on the internet."

The silence then occurred again. Mark had no clue what to say but it looked like Donghyuck had all speech planned.

"I want to apologize for my rude behavior," he said as he stared right at Mark's eyes.

For some reason, Mark felt shy sharing eye contact with his friend. Perhaps, it was because most of the time they met he always had a mask.

"You don't have to–"

"No, I really need to. This whole time I was so rude."

"Nah, it's okay. It's usual for younger brothers."

Mark bit his tongue when he realized what he just said. He planned to get on good terms with Donghyuck again and now he just bro zoned the younger!

"I mean–"

"The younger the more annoying," Donghyuck chuckled, but Mark could tell that he felt the bro zone.

"It's in your character, that's what I wanted to say, I think," Mark tried to fix it. "You're really impulsive. Please, don't always care about things people say. Even if it's me."

Donghyuck just shrugged his shoulders, "I care when it touches me directly."

"Anyway, how's school life?" Mark changed the topic. He felt like he was losing Donghyuck.

"Great."

Yeah, he was. A short answer from a very talkative boy was a bad sign.

Mark had a plan B.