The moment of silence was even longer now. It was taking Herobrine hours to, you assumed, track down and capture the next person. There had only been 12 of you in the friend group, counting Hero... He already had 3 of you..meaning 9 remained. You were honestly curious to see who would show up next..and what they would look like now that they were all grown up!

Let's see... There was:
Hero ✓
Rian ✓
You ✓
Kathie ✓
Soax
Ezekiel
Mimi
Aztec
Nixon
Ariel
Max
Amber

Finally, Herobrine arrives, carrying in what looks like a sorry old man. His beard is long and turning grey already. He is short for a man, and wrinkles form around his eyes... Is this..one of your friends? He is completely unrecognizable! Through the bars, you see Rian reach out to grasp uselessly at Herobrine's shirt. The white eyed demon spins around, grabs the darker man's wrist, and you can see the intention to break it!.. However, after giving it some thought, Herobrine reluctantly drops the shaking arm instead. After he vanished, the other three got to talking. You didn't have to be that good at lip reading to know the "old man" was really struggling. Poor guy had tattered towels for clothes, which were covered in grease stains!... Ew.. smelled terrible, too. Kathie later mouthed to you that this stranger was actually Max, who you'll admit was the oldest of the group and so was often teased for being an old man when you were kids...but he was never ACTUALLY old! Dang...drugs really did him dirty...

Hero ✓
Rian ✓
You ✓
Kathie ✓
Max ✓
Soax
Ezekiel
Mimi
Aztec
Nixon
Ariel
Amber

A surprisingly short time following, two people were dragged in at once. Ezekiel, who was tall, lean, and long haired, paired with Mimi, who was short, rounded, and now had short hair! Both were dragged beyond your field of view, but shortly after you saw everyone's mouths moving as they all started catching each other up on what was going on... Wish you could join in.. Since they were together, you hoped Mimi and Ezekiel had finally gotten together, since you used to always ship them together in your head when you were all young and just playing around.

Hero ✓
Rian ✓
You ✓
Kathie ✓
Max ✓
Ezekiel ✓
Mimi ✓
Soax
Aztec
Nixon
Ariel
Amber

And now there were only 5 remaining...

Herobrine did not leave like before, though. Instead, he walked tiredly past your door and sat on the second step just left of your cell. He hunched forward, ignoring the clawing woman to his left as he teleported a sandwich in his hands and started eating casually.

Ooohhh... The smell of that food.. Ham, cheese, and lettuce encased in beautiful bread. For once, not the kind that wilts like a dead flower or smells like s###. You felt your insides roll around a little, a spike of hunger sent to your brain. The man's glowing eyes turned to face you. Oh.. Had your stomach just growled loudly? You were acting the complete opposite of Kathie: reserved and studying. You sat on top of the blankets against the opposite wall of the room, hugging your knees close to your chest. Like a poor puppy, you stared longingly at the man's sandwich. You presumed you had been in here almost all night!.. You were also pretty thirsty too, now that you thought about it...

After a long moment of staring, a love triangle formed between you, Hero, and the sandwich. The man at last sighed, dropping his head. He placed his sandwich down on the paper it was wrapped in and teleported away. 30 minutes later, he returned with an entire bag full of sandwiches! He then grabbed you one and held it through the iron bars. You stood slowly, acting as a stray cat might. He did not show any intention to harm you, so you quickly snatched the wrapped meal from him once close enough. The man then handed one to Kathie, and then to Max, and then to Rian..and on until all were fed. He teleported back into sight with a water bottle for everyone, which he too passed out. Finally done giving everyone the basic needs, Hero sat back down and finished his own meal.

More time passed, and Herobrine dragged down from the stairs a twin mattress to place between yours and Kathie's cells. He casually made his bed with a single blanket and pillow and set to sleeping. Kathie wouldn't let him, though. She yanked his blanket away from him and wrapped herself in it instead. The two stood, shouting at each other for a while. It ended with Herobrine stomping back up to make several more trips back and forth to get everyone a pillow and soft new blanket each. But even after he had done that, Kathie still pestered him for hours on end. And when he tried to move, the others would just do the same. The only one not actively trying to hurt him...was you. You sure as heck wanted to, but were still trying to process everything going on around you! That, and you knew Herobrine would only win if you tried! Herobrine took notice of your behavior, and so opened your cell door and pulled his mattress into the space.

You pressed yourself into the furthest corner from him, breathing quickly becoming uneven. Herobrine gave you little more than a glance as he re-set his bed and laid down on it, back facing you. There was suddenly much less space in your cell. Only enough for a second twin bed to sit beside the first. Your terrified eyes looked up into Kathie's, who mouthed an apology to you right away. The other woman then started talking directly to Herobrine, but he was too tired to listen and just ignored her. He rolled over onto his other side, glowing eyes only open by slits. Quiet whimpers escaped your mouth as you still tightly pressed your back into the rough stone corner. Rian's hand extended from the same hole as before, offering you the comfort you so desperately needed. You quickly dropped to your knees and grabbed it, still for the most part sitting in the corner. Rian squeezed your hand tightly... You squeezed his back.