The setup [Main characters: Aki, Colby and Flicker]

A tiny disclaimer: This actually happened but I made the story sound ~angsty~ because I needed some drama. Nothing serious tho 👍 

One fine day, Colby asked Flicker to help him. Flicker paid their father a visit, and to their surprise, Colby needed a lot of help. Usually they're strong and can fight things easily, but she somehow got about 15 zombie piglins into her basement. It was weird, but when the annoying monsters were gone, Colby asked to tell Flicker something.

"Sure, what is it??" They replied curiously. There was a long pause. "I've been thinking about it.. and I think your mother and I should get a-" Colby was cut off by yelling, which caused him to flinch. "NO! ... Okay, sorry, heh. Why?" Flicker asked.

"Well, I don't think she loves me as much anymore..."

"I'm gonna fucking fix this lol" is what came across Flicker's mind at the moment.

Later that day, Flicker called it's parents under the Christmas tree. It was the 8th of January. There was a small family table that was waiting for them for what seemed like forever. Eventually, Flicker arrived to the table. "Hey! I'll be serving you today. Any drinks, or are we still deciding?"

"We?"

"Uh..." Aki muttered. "OOH! 10 SHOTS OF WHISKEY!!" Gasped Colby. "Welp, nothing I can do about that..! I'll take uhhhh... a berry tea?" Said Aki, hesitant at first. But they were both confused, Colby likes hiding things, like divor- I'M JUST KIDDING. I'm not a good narrator lol. ANYWAYS; "Heh, a tea? Are you British?" Colby asked jokingly. "Why, yes, oui oui! I mean uh- shit what do British people say?" Aki replied. The two were having fun while Flicker watched from a distance whilst preparing their drinks. (And maybe saving the server from Aki's villain arc) Setting people up was fun. 

When Flicker came with it's parent's drinks, it saw that they were laughing and bonding. They grinned, hoping it'd save Aki's heart, and most likely Colby's life. "Here are your drinks! Ten shots of whiskey for you, sir, and your tea! Enjoy! If you need me, just do a demonic ritual, if the demon that appears isn't me, just run and I'll take care of them." Flicker snickered, and and Aki just shot them a confused look. "Welp.. uh, just tell me when you're ready for your food!" It continued.

From far away, Flicker listened to it's parent's cute conversations...

"So... how's Cavetown?" Colby asked, breaking the silence. "Oh, it's going smooth. I'm expanding.. not many people though. I think Aiden's moving in. I'm calling it 'Ender Valley' now! How's Monster Forest going?" Aki replied. "Not too great... I'm losing money because not many people aren't staying over." Colby explained. Flicker thought for a moment. "So many things to fix. One more won't hurt!"

"What should I order?" Colby asked, trying to talk about the date so that they could see Flicker again. "I'm not sure, what do you like?" Aki shot back, smiling. Colby continued "Well I'm not sure. Maybe a pork chop?" 

"That sounds nice," said Aki. "I think I should get a steak, do you think so?"

"Oh, sure! Eat what makes you happy!" Said Colby. She then called out. "Flicker! We're ready!" Almost as soon as his sentence was finished, Flicker descended from the infinitely tall sky. "YES, FATHER!?!?!?!"

"We're ready to order the food!" Said Aki, basically blurting out what Colby was about to say, which made them giggle a little bit. "Okay, what would you like?" Asked Flicker, very excited for some reason. "Could I have a steak, please?" Aki replied. "Of course! And you, ma'am?" ... "Or sir, whatever makes you comfortable..."

"Oh, no. You're fine! And I would like to have a pork chop, please!"

"Mhm, okay! Your food will be here shortly." Flicker shot a reassuring smile, and Colby shot one back.

While preparing the food, Flicker liked hearing their talking, but it zoned out and burnt their hand on the stove, which quickly picked it back into reality. Then they remembered why they were doing this.

The couple ate their food and ordered dessert. While Aki was walking with Colby to their house, Colby slipped Flicker a 20. "Thanks." Then Aki and Colby went into their houses.