chapter 2.

( Word count: 1486 ) Maddy's POV:

" Oh, nice. That from Bobo?" asks Jim, looking at the dudes ring. " That's his fathers ring." I mock. Mickey chuckles. We look up to see that dopehead, Diane walking up to us.
" Hey, fellas. Any of you lookin' for a date?" She asks. " Yeah. Me, sweetheart." I say. " Little horsy ride in Central Park, maybe candlelight dinner? All that good stuff. " Mickey adds.
" Why don't we skip right to dessert, huh, baby? $15?" She asks. I look at Pedro, " Fifteen bucks? I'll give you quarter. Let Pedro suck your tits." I smirk. " You don't have to be rude." The girl mutters. " Oh, I'm sorry." I mock.
" How about you, handsome, huh? You got $15? For a little head?" She asks. " Do I looks like I need to pay for it?" Neutron smirks.
" Yeah.. you do." The girl says scratching her neck. " If it's worth it." I chuckle. She gives my a slight glare, then slowly walks towards Jim.
" Jimmy, I know you want some, honey. Fifteen dollars. I'll do you so good you'll never forget it, baby." She mumbles.

I give her a disgusted look. " Slow down there." He chuckles. " Now that's a deal. Bargain from there." Mickey laughs. Jim looks at me, " What do you say, guys? You wanna do it? All five of us?" He asks. " Are you serious?!" I whisper.
" It's a deal. All five of us." Neutron laughs.
" Aw, shit. This is all I got, Diane." Jim laughs dumping the rest of whatever food was left in one of the bags over her head. She gives Jim a sour face as she swings her arms at him trying to grab the now empty bag. " Here, have a pretzel." Jim laughs, throwing a leftover pretzel at her. Jim grabs her by the jacket and pushes her. " Get out of here." He laughs. Pedro makes a cross with his two pointer fingers, " Beat it." He adds.

" Yeah, fuck you!" Diane yells. Neutron shakes his head in disbelief. " Fucking dopehead. See what that shit does to you?" He asks. " Wow. Speaking of dopeheads, is that Pedro's mother over there slinging her wares again?" Mickey chuckles. We all look up to see Pedro's mother across the street talking to some dudes. Pedro covers his head and takes off. " Hey, peepee, where you going?" Mickey yells. " Why do you have to be such an asshole all the time, huh?" I ask. " Why's the little shoe crying anyway? His mothers a sneaker. His fathers a loafer. Somebody's got to be a heel. " He chuckles. Jim looks at me and nods his head. Signaling that we should probably go. I nod and we both get up, leaving Mickey and Neutron. "Jim, where you going? Hey, Maddy..Jim!" Mickey yells at us. As we walked off the sound of his voice got faded 'till we couldn't hear him anymore.

Without mentioning it, we both knew where we were headed.

We silently walk in. " Jim. Maddy." Bobby smiles. " Hey." I grin. " Hey, man. What's up?" Jim chuckles. " You guys don't recognize me with my new hairdo?" Bobby asks. I laugh,
" It's nice." Jim agrees, " Yeah, I like it," We both walk over to Bobby and sit down beside him. " What's going on?" I ask. " How are you?" He asks me. " Good." I reply. Bobby looks over at Jim, he nods. " Wow. Look at that." Jim chuckles gliding a finger over Bobby's head.
" You like it?" Bobby asks. Jim looks up at me, " Yeah, I'll tell you what. When you get out of here, we'll all shave our heads and look like a gang of skinheads." He laughs. Bobby holds out his hand, " It's a deal." He chuckles. " All right." Jim says shaking his hand. They both look at me as if they were waiting for me to shake his hand also. I glare at Jim but hold out my hand to shake with Bobby's. He lightly laughs and shakes my hand. I'm definitely not getting out of this one.

" We've got something for you here." Jim tells Bobby. Jim hands the signed ball to Bobby. He takes it and reads all the names that signed.
" Everyone on the team." Jim says proudly.
" Look right here even Swifty signed it." Jim smiles, pointing to where Swifty signed.
" Thanks, man." Bobby sighs. We both smile at him. " Remember when I dunked on that spade in Riverside Park?" Bobby asks. " You always had good ups." I chuckle. Jim nods, agreeing with me. " Oh. We got something to show you. Hold on." Jim says reaching in his pocket.
" What?" Bobby asks. He looks sadly at the ball, then tosses it on the ground. " Pedro got these out of some lady's purse." Jim smiles looking at all the pictures, then showing them to Bobby. " She's doing it with a donkey!" I laugh. " Oh, Jesus." Bobby sighs. " Look at that schlong. Look at that one." Jim chuckles, showing him a different picture.

" Oh, I beat your record." Jim says. " How many times you choke it?" Bobby asks. " Seven times." Jim chuckles. Bobby rolls his eyes
" Bullshit." Jim laughs, " Seven times. My mom thinks I have a cold year-round because of all the tissues around the house." Bobby sighs and put the pictures down. " You can keep those if you want." I say. Jim nods at him. " They're pumping so much junk in me, I can't even get a decent chubby." Bobby says looking up at us. Both, Jim and I sigh and look down.
" I got an idea." Jim says getting up. I look at him with a confused face as he grabs Bobby's clothes. " Come on. Let's go." He says.
" Where we going?" Bobby and I ask. " I'm getting you out of this place, man. C'mon." Jim smiles. " What are you, crazy, man? I can't go anywhere." Bobby smirks. " Here you go." Jim says tossing Bobby his clothes. I give Jim a confused face as we wait outside the door for Bobby to change.

Jim and I have known Bobby since we were 5. He's one of my best friends. He was the best player on the guys basketball team. Two years ago, he lot leukemia. He keeps fighting it off, but I know Bobby's going to beat it. He could beat anything.

" Watch it!" Bobby yells as I run down the sidewalk pushing Bobby. Jim takes over and laughs as he pushes him side to side. " Jim, you're going to kill me, man. If you let go, I swear I'll kill you, man." Bobby laughs. We both run across the street pushing him.
" Watch the bump!" Bobby yells. " What the hell happened to forty deuce? Last time I was here, that theater was playing Sperminator ll. " Bobby laughs. " Oh, yeah. I remember that. No, man. This whole block has been done over by all these new artists. It's pretty cool, huh?" I chuckle. " Yeah." Bobby smiles. " Hey, Jim, they should put your stuff up there. " He smirks. " That would be awesome." I smile. Jim looks over at me, " Yeah. Right." He smiles.
" Still scribbling stuff in that notebook of yours, ain't you?" Bobby asks. Simply, Jim replies,
" Of course." Bobby holds out his hand, " You bring anything for me?" He asks. " What, like to read?" Jim asks. " No, like to eat. What do you think? " Bobby replies sarcastically. Jim reaches into his back pocket, " Yeah. I mean, I got this, but its not a big deal. I don't even remember writing it, to tell you the truth." He says. " Yeah, Yeah. I'll be the judge of this." Bobby chuckles. " Little kids shoot marbles, where branches break the sun, into graceful shafts of light. I just wanna be pure. I just wanna be pure." Bobby reads.

After I realized where we were going I decided to wait outside for Jim and Bobby. It was about five minutes and I was already getting bored of waiting for them. I was thinking about walking home, but luckily for me I knew Bobby was not going to want to be in there for too long. Although I heard them talking, I couldn't hear what they were saying. All I knew is that Bobby sounded angry. Before I knew it, they were out the door and we were already taking Bobby back to the hospital. The walk back was really awkward and silent. No one said a word.

One we got there Bobby threw his hat on the floor. Jim pushed Bobby all the way to his bed. Bobby tried to take off his jacket and get into bed, but fell. Jim quickly picked him up and helped him.

" Hey, Bob, man. I'm really sorry, you know? Next time, we'll go somewhere.."
" There ain't gonna be no next time, Jim." Bobby said firmly.

AN; short chapter but i thought it would be fine to cut it off there. thank you sm for reading<33