Prologue

"Mr. Jenkins, the court has decided that you are guilty. You are charged for severe emotional, physical and sexual abuse on Mr. Jenkins junior, as well as grievous bodily harm on both Mrs. Jenkins and Mr. Jenkins junior. You will spend 8 years in prison.", the judge concluded.

The dark, wooden court room was filled with gasps and smiles.

A woman hugged a teenage boy, both in tears. "We're save", she whispered.

The guests left the room, leaving the witnesses, defenders, defendant and accusers.

The defendant was put in handcuffs and walked off by the police.

The boy and the woman left after the defendant, giving him a last disgusted look, with still red, puffy eyes from crying.

The boy thought back to that moment. It wasn't too long ago. He felt guilty. Everybody told him, he was abused in all those ways and landed in the hospital after his mother had found out and confronted his father, who then snapped and kicked, punched until both him and his mother had several broken bones and had one foot in their graves.

He couldn't remember. It was all weirdly faint. It felt like a dream, nothing more than a trick of his brain.

The boy was taking a shower. He turned it to the hottest setting. Standing there, taking in the pain, as his skin irritated and turned red.

He still doesn't believe that his father is locked away. "He will come back anytime", he said quietly.