Chapter 25

I tried my very best to keep all the noises down. I took my steps one by one and carefully walked. The silence was so deafening that even my breath was heard. Suddenly, I froze and looked above me then noticed that my mom was standing in front of me.

I smiled at her annoyingly, all I wanted was to get past that awkward situation. I made a peace sign but she crossed her arms and said, "you're 4 days gone, your dad has been asking. Luckily, I had a lot of alibis and stories that I made up. Where were you?" I never wanted them to worry about me, thus I wanted to prove to them that I was responsible enough to take care of myself. But it turns out I was not.

Just like what she did to dad, I found an alibi made up in my head too, "I had a sleepover" she frowned, but looked like she didn't know she did. "With who?" I gulped, but since Harry was the only one I was meeting out of our house, he was the only person who hopped into my mind. "Harry" then for some reason to make her believe, I nodded.

Again, she frowned "ok?" And it was obvious that she was not sure about her answer. I tried to hide the bandage on my head with my hands. Even if I was already wearing headbands, I didn't trust them so I still covered them up with my hands.

I walked quickly, trying to avoid dad until I reached my room. I opened it and surprisingly, it wasn't locked. When I turned on the lights, I almost lost my breath after being shocked. I saw Brenda sitting on my bed with her phone facing her, she looked as calm as ever.

"You seem so startled. What's the matter?" She asked seriously. I thought that she was a stranger there but it was just her. It was normal for me since when I'm gone, she spends her nights in my room and when she's gone, I spend my nights in her room. We just share what we got for each other like what sisters do.

"Nothing." I looked at her then suddenly, she faced off the screen of her phone and narrowed at me, "sleepover in the hospital?" I frowned, pretending that I didn't get what she was saying. But it was so freaking creepy how she noticed that I came from the hospital. I quickly closed the door and walked towards my bed where she was laying,

"Look, just shut your mouth for now. Unnecessary stuff should not be mentioned too much" I gave her a teasingly fake smile and walked to my closet to change. From my back, I heard her voice, "ok fine I will shut my mouth temporarily but not when I'm with you." I shook my head then just continued changing until I felt comfortable with my sweaters.

I looked at her, then jumped to my bed. She started to wrap her arms around me and I smiled, "so, what exactly happened?" At first, I felt so awkward to tell her about it and I wasn't sure if I would but sooner or later, I realized, to who else would I tell it. Besides, I already tested how trustworthy my sister was.

We've been telling secrets to each other since we were kids. I lied to her arms after she laid them and wrapped them around my shoulders. "Ok, so I helped Harry with his upcoming music video and then had dinner with his mom and dad then he decided to drive me home and I don't know how we got into an accident." She frowned, then smiled. "You should be thankful. You are still alive" I just nodded thought of what should I be thanking for I almost died. But then I realized I just thanked Harry a few minutes ago that day.

"I guess, well do you mind, this is my bed? I'm so sleepy I want to rest. I still have rehearsals for tomorrow. The bitterly spicy tour is coming, I don't want to mess up" she nodded, then left me in my bed as I lied down.

When she left my room, darkness entered and the fake stars on the ceiling were the only thing that stood as light underneath the darkness. I was about to close my eyes after some time of staring at it until I heard my ringtone and found my cellphone vibrating on top of my side desk so I grabbed it, an unsaved number was calling but I answered it anyway since I didn't want to be rude thus I thought that it was a call from my handling organization team so I picked it up.

I cleared my throat first, "Hello, Celene Gregory speaking" then a manly voice probably from a guy replied, "hey Celene, it's me, Harry" I nodded even if I knew he didn't see that. "Are you awake?" he asked, then I responded, "yeah" I yawned as I covered my mouth.

"Nothing, I just can't sleep. How are you feeling? Is your head getting better now?" He asked and his smooth voice was filled with concerns and care. "I'm fine. There are some improvements I guess" I heard him gently laugh and I did the same thing just get into the hang of him.

"And you?" I got the question back to him as he answered within just a few seconds. "I'm good. The doctor said I can go home tomorrow or on Sunday" it was all I wanted to hear, that he was good and to be discharged from the hospital.

"That's good. Well, I guess you're my sleeping buddy for the night, I'm feeling sleepy right now." He laughed and then I smiled after hearing his cute laughter. "Yeah, same. I'm sleepy right now"

I tried to stop my yawn because I still wanted to hang with him but I was not able to so I yawned, "good night Harry" and I heard him reply with the same greeting that I used with my name.