Chapter 41: The Heavy Hearts

Start from the beginning

'May I?' Hoseok asked quietly.

Yoongi made a space for him without a word.

Hoseok put on gloves and steadily started placing the venflon.

'I remember when you forced me to learn how to do it... 'Hobi whispered calmingly. "You need to be prepared for any case. Fast transfusion. Blood donation. Giving yourself a shot" - you said then. Your father, my father... never had thought about this. But you did... Come in handy now...' Hoseok finished and connected the drip with the venflon. 'You teached Jungkook how to do this too... You teached him many things...'

'Yet... it wasn't enough for any of them to trust me...' Yoongi said bitterly.

Hoseok looked at him.

'That's not the case Yoongi... You know it. They were terrified. They needed to act fast. We don't really know what they had to do to save Taehyung...'

'Yeah... Hoseok... I just want to be alone now... Thanks for the help.'

Hoseok nodded and made a move toward the doors, but stopped.

'Do you... blame Taehyung?' he whispered.

'What?! No!' Yoongi firmly denied. 'I blame this motherfucking bastard! If it was Sebastian's fault I will end him for putting the three of them in danger!'

'But something is bothering you... you are mad at them...'

Yoongi looked into his best friend's eyes, trying to hold back his tears.

'It's complicated...' he whispered.

'Jimin will be fine... He is a fighter.' Hoseok said calmingly.

'I know... I'm... not happy that he risked his life like that... but I'm not blaming him for doing this...'

Hoseok was silent for a moment, then he asked the last question.

'So... Are you mad at Jungkook?'

Yoongi started to clean dirty clothes from the floor.

'You should go...' he whispered and Hoseok with a heavy heart walked out of his friend's bedroom.

Jin stroked Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook's eyelashes fluttered and he opened his eyes slowly.

'Hey...' Jin whispered. 'Kookie... you should eat something...'

Jungkook frowned. He felt warm and calm - he didn't want to move. But he knew he needed to regain his strength so he nodded slightly and slowly, to not wake Taehyung up, he got up from the bed.

'How is Jimin?'

'Yoongi gave him a saline drip. He is resting...'

'That's good.'

Jungkook covered Taehyung to the neck and sat on the armchair where Jin brought him the bowl of light corn soup.

'Kai and Chanyeol made it... it is pretty good actually...' Jin said, handing him a spoon.

'Kai? Have you tasted it? Is it poisoned?' Jungkook asked, still sleepily.

Jin laughed quietly.

'Just eat, silly bunny... They all are downstairs. I have a living room full of sleeping bags and sofas full of snoring people...'

Jungkook took a sip of the soup.

'Wow... it is actually good...'

Jin approached the bed, sat next to Taehyung and fixed the blanket so it would cover his shoulder tightly.