Episode 19

Note: This episode will mostly be OOC and not insight or have any connection with the current Fatui Lore (as in 2.4 update). Most of these are my HC and theories from popular theorist. Some are also have to be referenced from the original Commedia Del'arte designs and story. All of these are used for entertainment purposes and plot sake. Enjoy ^^
________________________________________________________________________________

Zapolyarny Palace

*Beep*

The heater turns on. The door was shut closed right after turning on the heater. A man, fully dressed nicely in his uniform, makes his way to his office table. He then sets down all of the paperwork he was carrying. Slowly, making his way to his chair and sitting down right after.

Dottore: Ugh... This room is dusty after leaving it for 3 months... I swear this room could've been less dusty if I didn't get admitted to the hospital.

He looks at the pile of paperwork that he needs to do. All those that were supposed to be submitted by last month. What kind of agreement has Pierro and the Tsaritsa went through to get this much papers just for the medical field and department?

Dottore: I swear, this all better be about the boosters and not anything weird about parties and all. Wasting my precious time to leave my leftover projects on hold again.

He exhaled heavily. He then spins the chair to look outside the window. Snowing as usual, couldn't expect more or less in Snezhnaya. His mind then wanders off to something while looking out at the view.

Dottore: (Pure white snow falling... It's been years that I've been dragged in here by Pierro, yet the first time seeing snow as pure like this in Snezhnaya, it doesn't concern or excite me. I felt... empty.)

He thought to himself. His gaze averted to something else on the view. He's now looking at the bustling streets near the palace, where cars and people are scattered everywhere. Skyscrapers that couldn't beat the palace's height and the small buildings made for people to shelter in for a while. Though, his mind wasn't capturing what he was viewing right now, in fact, it was occupied with something else.

Dottore: I... I wonder how's her reaction if it were to be her first snow...

Her surprised face. Her smile. Her excitement. (This is quoting you by the way). And... her warmth. Warmth that could really show what human emotions are made of. Dottore's face turns sour. He cursed slowly under his breath as the thought kept on pressuring him.

Dottore: No point in wasting time. Best you finish your work and get an early rest.

He turns his office chair again and was met with the loaded paperwork on his table. Suddenly, he just realized what he just said.

Dottore: Get... an early rest?

He chuckled, also meaning that he's humiliating himself.

Dottore: Would you look at yourself... still stuck with her childish advice. You never were like this.

Dottore's face then quickly changes back to a sad state.

Dottore: Just stop yourself from remembering her... 

He hides his face in his arms on the table as if he wants to sleep. Repeating words and mumbles that was asking him to stop reminiscing about his whole life at the hospital together with you. Everything happened in a flash, but all he could remember was him finally arriving at the Zapolyarny Palace after leaving the hospital that midnight.

________________________________________________________________________________
Flashback

Taxi driver: Master Dottore, we're here.