Episode 10

The next day after 2 whole events that happened to you yesterday and the day before,

You threw the bag onto your bed, getting ready to pack up before moving in for a while to Dottore's ward. You're questioning your whole life right now. What have you gotten yourself into Y/N? You could only take your pillow and scream into it while rethinking about your choices yesterday.

Y/N: ...(took a deep breathe and let it out) It's fine... It'll be quick. A month or a few weeks will only feel like a few days, right?

...silent. You then look at the calendar in your phone. XX February 20XX. A month from now would be March. You sighed more. You're getting old for sure if you keep doing that, y'know? The phone turned off on it's own and you put it aside for now. You need to pack up right away. You left work today an hour early so you can re-enter the hospital before shifts end. You took everything that is necessary, shirt, pants, blouse and don't forget the inner wears. You also brought along some sweaters just in case it gets cold, even though there's a built-in heater in the ward somewhere. After 20 minutes of packing, you're finally done. You check the list for the items you need to pack. One thing left you need to pack is...your toothbrush. You quickly rush to the bathroom to take it. As you grab the toothbrush, you suddenly remembered that you need to replace it as it's been used for 3-4 months. Haih... might as well buy the cheap ones at the mini mart. You threw the toothbrush into the bin beside the sink and left the bathroom. Welp, you re-check your list and that's all to it. You put a reminder on your phone to get a new toothbrush at the mini mart later.

You got yourself ready and finally, it's time to leave your house for a few weeks. You look at your wrist watch. 20 minutes before shift ends and by the time you arrive there by car, it's perfectly at the time where it ends. Checking the windows, doors and even your outside gate to make sure there's no chance for burglars to enter your premise. After everything is done, you finally left the house, locking the front doors, grills and even the front gate after you're outside. You look at your house for the last time;

Y/N: I'll be home soon.

Then finally making your way to the car. Unloading the bags you're carrying at the backseat and finally seating yourself at the driver seat. Car engine starts, and the journey to the hospital begins...but it ends in a few minutes later because fortunately or unfortunately, the road was surprisingly clear today. Were you too early or were you too late? You look at your wrist watch again. It's... exactly on time where shift ends. Your head hits the steering wheel. You really thought the trip to the hospital would be a little longer. Maybe it's just because you don't want to see Dottore's face too soon. You lifted up your head again then suddenly, a lot of car honking noise were heard outside of the underground carpark. Your head lowered a bit to see the view from the little gap at the car park. Uhh...and now it's a traffic hell outside. You even heard some curses from people that just got out of work. You hit your head on the steering wheel again. You were too early you guessed. After your "last" sigh, you took your bags from the back and left the car right away. Locking it of course.

Before you even reach the elevator, you remembered about your toothbrush. Right... don't want to go smelling around like a dead corpse every morning. You quickly went to the mini mart to buy one. Thankfully they sell those brands that you usually use. After buying one, finally you can make your way to Dottore's ward. You tried to lower your image so nobody would question you on why coming back after leaving work early. So far, no one seems to notice you but as you reached the elevator;

"Ding."

The elevator door opens.

Mia: Like I said, Rae, she ended her shift earl-

You stood in front of the elevator, frozen. Why now? Mia looks at you in surprised. She quickly hung up her call.

Mia: Uh...wait, let me call you later. (hangs up) What are you doing here right now? Didn't your shift ended early??