Episode 11

The sound of Rubik's cube being turned violently echoes the room. You and Dottore are now competing in who finishes the 3 by 3 Rubik's cube first in under 15 seconds. Both of you are just mixing up each other's cube. You tried to go for a...random formula? Really, it's just some random turns and twist you do, trying to make the color far away from it's original spot. You took a glance at your cube in Dottore's hand. Oh dang, he's really turning those sides fast. You gulped on just by his hands handling your Rubik's cube. You're struggling for sure after this. Suddenly, the alarm beeps, telling you it's time to switch back your cubes.

Y/N: Hm, times up.

Dottore: The time you set was quite long. Wonder what kind of formula you put into that cube of mine.

Y/N: It's some random turns i did, but i'm still not making it easy for you.

Dottore: Heh, we'll see about that.

The both of you exchanged the Rubik's cubes. After checking every sides, you got the formula thought right away. It's a...mild difficulty, you could say?

Y/N: Now, put the cubes on the table. After that, place your hands exactly 5 centimeters away from it. No cheating.

Dottore: Do I look like a person who would cheat on a cube game like this?

Y/N: Somehow...

Dottore: And how is that?

Y/N: Your speed.

Dottore: Speed counts as cheating now?

Y/N: Male tends to have better speed than female, so I'm at a disadvantage. Unless, my "breaking" of the cube managed to make you go on hold just for a second, that would be great for me.

You grinned at him while explaining your little plan. His face turns annoyed when you did that.

Dottore: Never knew I'd still see that grin of yours when you're explaining something.

Y/N: Oh, that's unexpected of you. You've been paying attention to my gestures and features, didn't you?

Dottore: It's more to the human behavior research. Now, back to the game. First to finish get the last mooncake.

Y/N: Oi, that's my mooncake! Don't go making deals without my permission!

Dottore: I saw it first and I'm making the deal. Now, hands on the table.

You made a small "Tsk" sound under your breath. The mooncake that was a part of the prize is a cookies and cream flavor. The most sweetest flavor that the cafeteria has. You could only sigh from the thought of Dottore winning this challenge. You put your hands on the table, away from the cube and got ready. You took a glance at Dottore again, he sure is fighting for that mooncake. You called out to your phone's assistant, Moogle, to start the countdown.

Y/N: Moogle, set the timer to 15 seconds and start the countdown from 3.

Moogle: Alright, y/n. Timer set to 15 seconds and countdown starts in 3...2...

The both of you looked at each other seriously. Hands still on the table and ready to grab the cube on the last count.

Moogle: ...1. Timer start.

In a flash before your hand could even reach the cube, Dottore already grabs his own in an instant. What in the holy Archon is that speed? Snapping back, you finally grab yours and turn every sides according to the formula you already thought of. So far everything goes smoothly. 5 seconds in and you can get a clear view that you have 3/4 sides done and 2 more are left. Suddenly, as you turn a certain part, it got stuck. Oh no, you pushed it with force but it's still stuck. Not to mention that was the last turn needed to claim your victory. In the end, Dottore puts down his cube on the table and stop the timer on your phone.