Chapter 9: 'Worth a shot'

Start from the beginning

"Since when did you get so grown up?" Pepa grumbled, helping me inside the magic house. Dolores ran up to us when we walked in.

"I sent Luisa with Julieta, Camilo, and Pepa as soon as I heard the gunshot, I've got a bed ready for you in my room, and in case you wanted to know, your ma's going to be ok, they just got the bullet out but they need to wait until she can swallow food, she's in a lot of pain... Sorry, not helpful, I asked Bruno to do a check on your mom and he's just setting up right now," Dolores said, pushing Camilo away and bringing me up the stairs with Pepa. Antonio ran out of his room holding a cat. (I don't know if they have cats, just pretend.)

"I brought you a friend to keep you company," He said, holding out the black cat to me. Pepa and Dolores let me stand on my own and I held the cat. It was kinda cute. Dolores brought me the rest of the way to my room and I realized how wet I had gotten from standing under Pepa's clouds. Dolores was soaked with me, her usually poofy hair drooping. She opened the door to her room and led me in. It had these foam spikes covering the walls and the carpet was super thick.

"I have a soundproof room, but the door's not soundproof so I still can hear everything, it's just a little quieter, here, I'll get you some PJ's," She dug into a bin and pulled out a long nightgown. she handed it to me and grabbed a pair of clothes for herself. I set the cat down and it went to sleep at the end of the bed.

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"It's ok, you probably need to help clean up the party still,"

"Ok, call if you need me, or anyone," I nodded, taking off my shirt. She left the room and closed the door. I finished changing, laying out my clothes to dry. I climbed into her huge bed that was so soft and comfy it should have been illegal. I pulled the covers over me and turned off the lights. I twisted and turned with my eyes closed. Damn was it hard to sleep. I waited for an hour but realized it was a waste of time. All I could think about was getting my ma and leaving. But I didn't want to leave and it made me sad to think I'd be leaving. Especially because I would be leaving Camilo. He had made me forget about my father and about my terrible childhood. I felt safe around him.

"Hey, Dolores... Um, is it ok if Camilo stays with me until I fall asleep?" I asked the air. Wow, I felt really embarrassed right now. I waited, and waited, I kinda hoped he wouldn't show up so I didn't need to think of what to tell him if he came. The door opened and closed. He actually came... Butterflies appeared in my stomach and I was wide awake now. I pretended to be asleep.

"Hey, you having trouble falling asleep Princesa?" Camilo asked, coming onto the bed and laying down.

"Yeah, can you stay until I fall asleep?"

"I can stay here all night if you wanted. So what's keeping you up? Are you worried about your mom? She's all better now and asleep at the doctor's house," I felt like I could breathe again. I sat up and reached my arm out to touch him. I found Camilo's chest and hugged him.

"Woah, now I really can't let you leave,"

"You know I can't stay either,"

"What if we faked your mother's death and made it look like you ran away?"

"Say that again?" I asked, taking my head off his chest.

"What if we faked your mother's death and made it look like you ran away?"

"That's it! Maybe it'd actually work!"

"Of course, it'd work, I'm amazing, but you're not leaving this house,"

"Then how will I make it look like I ran away?" I asked.

"Well, you do have a boyfriend who can literally shapeshift to look like anyone," He pointed out.

"But what if they catch you?" I asked.

"If they wanted you dead wouldn't have Mr. Eyepatch shot you too?"

"Ugh, that's a good point,"

"So you'll let me do it?"

"Fine, but you need to come back safe,"

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry, I'll be super safe,"

"We should go tell everyone so we can get the news around town and then we should plan a funeral,"

"Dolores has it under control, I bet she's listening into this room as hard as she can to make sure nothing goes on,"

"Oh, ok," I laid my head back on his chest. I might actually be able to stay here.

"You won't be able to go outside the house either, are you really going to go through with this?" He checked.

"Antonio has an inside jungle for a room, if I miss the outdoors I know where to go,"

"I know, but what about Ben? Or other friends?"

"Ben'll be too busy to even notice I'm gone, and the candyman might miss his best customer, but no one knew me well anyway, plus, I have your whole family to talk with, I can learn how to cook, maybe sew, it'll be way better than leaving to live somewhere else,"

"You make this place sound like a paradise, you know my family's going to tease you endlessly and probably make you grow grey hairs,"

"I wouldn't mind growing old here, it sounds like the perfect life, and as for the teasing, let me worry about it," I said, my voice getting distant. I yawned.

"We can talk more tomorrow, sleep now Princesa," I listened and my senses faded and my mind fell into the dark abyss.

... (Dude, you just fell asleep in Camilo's arms, no need to thank me. Btw, this is a time skip brought to you by me <3)

I woke up in Camilo's arms feeling the most rested in forever. I looked up and saw that smirk I loved so much.

"Goodmorning Hermosa,"

"When you call me that it sounds like 'samosa' do I really look that tasty?" I laughed.

"Pepa came in to tell you your mom's here, we made sure no one saw her and the doctor agreed to help us pronounce your mother dead, word is going around town as we speak. And speaking of the word getting around, I'm sure the whole house knows we slept together,"

"I'm sure they do," I laughed.

"The 'burying' was done last night and we'll be having the actual funeral part here today so that the house can keep you safe,"

"Sounds good," I said, getting out of bed and going to my clothes which were now dry and turned to look at Camilo.

"I'm going to change so I can go see my mom," I told him, trying to get him to leave for a second.

"Ok," He said, making no effort to leave.

"I'm going to strip down right here, why aren't you leaving?" I deadpanned.

"Worth a shot," He said, leaving. I didn't need to look in a mirror to see how red my face was. (If you look at the video at the top you can see one of the clips has him saying 'worth a shot' if you want to see how he said it, I literally squealed when I thought of this, enjoy simps! <3)

"That flirt," I mumbled for Dolores's sake.

(I hope you enjoyed this chapter, more on the bad guys tomorrow! I'm on a roll today, but now I really need to go to bed. Sleeping disorders suck, if you ever meet someone with a sleeping disorder, give them a hug, they probably want to close their eyes but don't have an excuse, haha, that might only be me. Anyway, goodnight/good morning/good afternoon, I'm going to sleep. <3 Also, comment on your favourite part! Your amazing writer out-)