I will always be with you, so I don't need to." I reassured him and he grinned brightly.

We went off to the field together and practised our wind magic while Rudeus was sitting underneath a tree. "You can really control your wind magic, Ceres. It's amazing." Sylph grinned.

"I have brilliant control over my farts." I grinned and heard Rudeus groan making me laugh.

We both then sat underneath the tree Rudeus is under. Rudeus was trying to eat grass, so I pulled it away from him. "You've been acting weird again lately, Rudy." Sylph commented.

"Yeah, you part cow?" I asked.

"No." He sighed. "Everyone says we have both been weird since we were born."

"You seem kind of down." Sylph explained.

"I have been stuck lately. I'm not making progress with swords or magic, and even Ceres has been getting a little impatient." Rudeus hummed.

"I want to do things, but no one lets me." I complained.

"Meeting a dragon isn't a good idea." He informed me.

"I know! It's a brilliant ibear!" I grinned.

"Anyway, you two are amazing!" Sylph reassured us.

"Maybe for our age." Rudeus sighed.

"Are you two going to leave?" Sylph asked and I could recognise the fear in her voice since I have had it many times, so I was immediately patting her head.

"Maybe. There might not be much we can do in this village." Rudeus's words made Sylph deck us both.

"Sylphiette?" Rudeus asked nervously.

"No, don't! Don't go anywhere!" She begged as she cried.

We both hugged her. "Nowhere." I reassured her.

"We won't leave." Rudeus added. 'Why would I go away and leave a girl like her behind? To improve my magic? What do I need to do more of that for? I'd rather spend my time peacefully with Sylphie in this village.'

I'm happy as I am right now, but one day I do want to adventure out. I can do that in this life, so I will take that blessing and go running out there one day.

That night my sleep was interrupted by Rudeus' thoughts, and I looked to see him rubbing his face into his pillow. 'Did you learn that from Roxy?' I asked making him panic and fall out of his bed.

I saw our door open, and Paul was laughing for some reason. Rudeus then tried to close the door on him and I helped not knowing why he wanted to.

Rudeus then stopped and pulled me away from the door. I used my wind magic to hear while I stared at Paul with narrowed eyes making him laugh nervously. "You have a letter." He held it out to us.

Rudeus snatched it, and I sat on his bed with him to read it. "Dear Ceres and Rudeus. How have you two been? It's been two years since we parted ways. How time flies. I am currently staying in the Shirone Kingdom. I have been hired as the seventh prince's tutor." Rudeus mumbled in awe.