Chapter 18

3rd person

2 months have pasted since that sleep over the two young boys had. Also 2 months of the secret admirer and Xiao writing notes to each other.

Xiao started to have a feeling on who it was but he wasn't sure if it was really him. He was nervous so guess what....he didn't tell him until New Years😍

As you can tell, their feelings for each other were no longer little crushes or a simple love interest. They really loved each other. They loved their company. They loved talking to each other. Anything and everything about each other drove them nuts.

Eventually Xiao finally had the courage to follow is gut and guess that Venti was the secret admirer. But he wasn't sure how to comfort him about it? With that he asked his group of friends to help him, in which they gave him a marvelous idea.

"You should ask him during the New Years Eve festival! It will be so romantic!" Ganyu smiled warmly and clapped her hands excitedly. "Yeah! It will be the perfect time to confront him about it! Plus I know just the perfect place for you to take him!" Kazuha grabbed Xiaos shoulders and shook him non stop. Xiao at this point regretted asking for their help.

Xiao being embarrassed as ever spoke. "What if it isn't him and I just make a fool of myself." Xiao looked down and flushed. What if Venti thought he was weird or scary that he doesn't want to be his friend anymore. "Yeah it might not be him sure, but what if he does like you?" Aether pointed his finger in the air making a statement.

Well he was right. What "if" Venti liked him even tho he "wasnt" the secret admirer. Xiao got a little confident by this and tried calming himself down. "Okay well, how many days till the New Years Eve Festival?" "That's the spirit! Also 2 days." Hu Tao said. "2 DAYS?!" Xiao was now panicking. "WHAT DO I EVEN SAY TO HIM? "Hey your in love with me right?" OR WHAT!!" Everyone looked at him with disappointment.

"Hey guess what's up?" Everyone jumped and quickly turned around. Oh crap it was Venti. Everyone started to panic. "Oh-um heyy...venti.." Bennett said nervously. "Whatcha guys whispering about?" Venti leaned forward against my shoulder and looked at everyone. "Oh! Uhm! Nothing haha! Nothing bro." Amber faked laughed and nudged Kaeyas shoulder to get him to say something too. "Oh yeah nothing." Kaeya smiled. Venti frowned and looked towards me. Oh crap. "Xiaoooo what were you guys talking about." He got closer to my face which made me blush badly.

Everyone started looking at me and making hand movements and giving that face that said 'don't-give-into-his-eyes-' look. I pulled Venti away and nervously laughed. "N-nothing oh wow look at the time I better get to class-" "Xiao I'm in your class." Fuck now what. "I gotta go to the bathroom." I started to walk fast towards the washroom and hid in a stall. God Venti why do you always do that...

——————————
Ventis pov

What the fuck was up with everyone? Why were they whispering? Was it about me? I walked to class alone since Xiao and Kazuha said they needed to go somewhere first. I sighed and entered the classroom and saw they're seats empty.

The second I sat down they raced into the classroom and sat in their seats. When I looked at them, they looked the other way. What the hell.. I frowned and buried my head in my arms. After a while I felt a light tap from my right side. I slowly lifted me head and saw Xiao mouthing the word sorry to me. I tried to pull a small smile but it wasn't any use. I just looked at the window the whole time. Why are they avoiding me? My thoughts began to get louder.

-after class-

omg y'all 666😨🤭 lol anyways☺️

It was lunch time and finally Xiao and Kaz began to talk to me again. But every time I brought up about what they were talking about they would look at each other and say different things. Xiao would say "Nothing!" And Kazuha would say "School stuff!" Then they would stare at each other and speak again. Only this time Xiao would say School stuff and Kazuha would say nothing.

Eventually I stopped asking and just followed them into the lunch room. Finally they had apple pie today so I decided to get some while weirdly enough the whole group stayed at the table. A bit sad I walked towards the line a waited.

—————————
Kaeyas pov
(Omg daddy cyro😘)

Everyone was talking about a plan for Xiao to finally confront Venti about being the secret admirer. I had to stop flirting with Albedo for this. "Okay so there's going to be a lot of fun games and stuff at the festival." Hu Tao chirped. "So we'll try to distance ourselves from you and Venti so y'all can get 'alone time'~" I joined in. Everyone laughed and kept planning what was going to happen, "okay so after that I'll show you the spot where you and Venti can watch the fireworks but! Before the fireworks start ask him if he's the secret admirer. THEN CONFESS YOUR LOVE DAM IT." Kazuha pointed his finger at Xiao while Xiao looked down in embarrassment.

"Then what-" "then if he says yes you kiss him when the fireworks start and you guys finally become a couple. The end." Albedo crossed his arms and looked back at his homework. God even though he's so consecrated on his homework he still has time to listen and give advice. He's so prefect (okay we get it dam this ain't about you😒👓🤏)

Xiao looked at the table blankly and said. "But what if he says it isn't him?" He asked us. "Well then you just confess your love dummy!" Lumine cheered as Barbara did the same. "And if he says he doesn't 'which he won't' then it's his loss." Hu Tao patted his back to comfort him. "Thanks guys..." he smiled and looked up. Everyone gasped and dramatically grabbed their chest. "Now I see why Venti fell for you-" Then Aether played dead. Xiao groaned and looked away. Everyone started laughing.

But....we all got quite when Venti started walking toward us. 'Shh! He's coming!" Xingqiu shushed us and we did as we were told. "I saw you guys laughing...what were you laughing about?" Venti nervously smiled. "Aether was just being a dumbass like always." "WHAT?!" We all laughed. Ventis mood looked like it got better by that. That's good.

————————
-after school-

3rd person

Soon the bell rang and everyone quickly packed all their stuff and left. "You wanna walk with me Ven?" Xiao asked as he approached Venti. Venti grabbed his bag and smiled brightly. "Well of course! I always do." He laughed and walked out the room first. I wonder if Xiao got the not I left in the Piano. Venti thought as he waited near the door for Xiao.

In fact Xiao did get the note right before they had to go back to their class after lunch. The note read.

Hi Xiao!

How is your day going so far? Mine is going pretty bad, but that's alright it doesn't matter! Anyway I heard that a festival is opening up on New Years Eve and I just wanted to give you the last clue before you have to find me yourself!

The last clue is, I will be at the Festival that night. If your going...I hope to see you there :)

-unknown

Xiao had the note in his pocket and quickly wrote one back to well Venti and put it in the Piano. If he's quite honest, he's kept all the letters Venti has sent him. So did Venti.

Eventually Xiao came out the classroom with the response in hand and took Venti with him.

Once they dropped the note off they held hands which they hadn't realized until they got home. With flustered faces and sneaky smiles they both went to bed eventually texting each other goodnight.

1 more day left until you confess Xiao.