Seven

Johnny

My folks were fighting again, just like they always did. I got away from them before any of them could lay a hand on me like they do.

The incident yesterday freaked me out than ever before. Worst than the time my father broke both of my arms when I tried getting away from him during one of our fights; I was only six.

Yeah the Socs made life shit, and they could pick up a fight from us all day if they wanted to. But what they did yesterday was something they never have done before.

I wanted to kill them, I really did. They hurt the love of my life, and they enjoyed it too. I don't know if it was a coincidence or if God had brought us there but I'm so glad we made it to her before they could've killed her, or even did something worse to her.

I smoked a cigarette outside of my house. I could hear the screaming of my mom telling my dad to shut the hell up or leave. I rolled my eyes knowing he'll never shut the fuck up, and he'll never leave until I'm finally free from him meaning in college. I can't wait for that day to come.

"Johnny Cade," Two-Bit laughs. He was probably out making fun of people and taking their shit like he always done.
"Two-Bit Matthews," I spoke as I inhaled another puff of the cigarette.
"Have you seen Dally?" He asks standing beside me.
"No I have not but I'm about to go to their house just to see Darcy," I answered.
"Can I come with ya? Just to see is Dally is there since he's sometimes passed out on the couch" Two-Bit laughed at his own comment as I stomped on the cigarette bud. Then we walked to Dally and Darcy's house.

We never really knocked. If you knocked, you're not apart of the Greasers. We're more of a, walk in and deal with type of gang.

Dally was in fact on the couch but not passed out; Darcy was sitting on her bed reading what seemed to be a magazine.

"Hey beautiful," I smiled.

She looked at me then ran towards me. She pulled me into a long tight hug and I kissed her lips.

"What're you doing here?" She asks.
"Do you not want me here?" I joked and she laughed.
"Of course not," She smiled. "Kidding of course I do. Sometimes it gets boring with Dally here"
"I heard that!" Yelled Dally and we laughed.

She shut her door behind me and I sat on her bed as she crawled up beside me and cuddled up against me.

"Darcy," I say.
"Hmm?" She asks.
"Someday, I'm going to marry you and we're going to have amazing kids in this nice house. Maybe even the gang could be our neighbors and we're going to have the best future anyone can possibly have," I smiled at the thought of that and it took a moment for Darcy to say something.
"I agree with you" She said.

I held her a little closely but she hissed and then I remembered her arm was still sort of healing. I apologized and we instantly went back to cuddling. We kissed a few times until I rested my eyes eventually falling asleep.