𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Thank you for proving me wrong, little one.

your father, Sirius.

P.S. burn the letter

Aurora could read it perfectly and imagined her father's voice foretelling her every single word and line. Then she took one last look before tossing it in the air, her free hand holding her wand and casted a fire spell that completely obliterated the letter into ashes. Because of the cold, it was now dark ashes planted on white snow by her feet.

Satisfied, Aurora hums and grasps the envelope in her inside coat pocket and grabs the heavy weight inside and investigates.

It was a silver and delicate thread of a chain, its charm a single thread of small yellow feather.

"Have you been here long?" It was Cedric Diggory accompanied by Cho who smiles politely to Aurora who returns the gesture.

"Not long." Aurora simply says, placing the envelope back in her coat pocket whilst keeping her hand closed and protected the necklace. It's the only thing she has that is given by her father. All the letters she received from him was meant to be burnt in the end. "Where's Harry?" She now asks, crossing her arms once more.

"Here, here." Harry struts in the scene with Ron besides him. "Sorry — Are we late? Ron won't stop making excuses to stop every step we took."

It made Cedric and Aurora laugh, knowing full well that Ron Weasley is still embarrassed by his attempt to take Fleur to the dance yesterday. Even more so when Fleur's date happens to be Aurora who didn't mind that he asked first but leaned more to the idea of teasing him about it. Especially when he left abruptly and almost tripped to fall on his face but quickly recovered from what people said.

"My shoelaces were undone, alright?" Grumbled Ron who seemed feverish and nervous.

"Sure they were." Harry remarks teasingly and it brought Cho to laugh. It was Harry's turn to feel flushed and decided to keep quiet.

"Appears that Hermione and Krum's the only one left." Aurora pushed herself to stand properly, walking slowly towards an incoming date of hers who smiled merely at the sight of her.

They've met halfway and Fleur presses a kiss on Aurora's cheek, "Sorry I'm late." She says with sincerity, looking at everyone else. Speaking of, Aurora had her arm behind Fleur's back when she snorts, hiding the fact she was about to laugh in seeing Ron hide behind Harry who was shorter than him so he had to slightly crouch. "Where is Hermione and Viktor?" Fleur asks, looking at Aurora.

"Oh — She mentioned she'll meet us there." Harry informs.

"Okay then, shall we?"

Staggering behind in the path to Hogsmeade, Aurora kept a light conversation with Fleur who appreciates it being as it's early in the morning. The Delacour notices an unfamiliar necklace wrapped around Aurora's neck and reminded herself to ask later. The two didn't notice Ron who kept looking back, partially to make sure that Fleur wasn't making fun of her because of what he attempted to do.

Then at the same time, Ron recalls that vile awful nickname that Ginny created behind Fleur's back. Aurora didn't know of it and surely Fleur didn't as well. If ever Aurora did, who knows what would happen if she learned that there are people beyond Ginny who is still aren't over her being involve with Fleur.