5 years later (Felix)

"Hi, I'm Nurse Madi Dames, but you can call me Madi. How are you feeling today?" 

Felix smiled down at the child, who looked a little nervous. He smiled back. "I'm doing ok. How are you?" 

She had never had a hard time showing her feelings to kids, which was likely why Felix had flown through college, becoming a pediatric nurse. "I'm doing great! Now, can I get your name and birthday?" 

"Cameron Smith." The boy looked at his mom, struggling for the birth date. "Uh... August..." 

"August 14th, 2022." his mom said.  

Felix nodded. "Nice to meet you, Cameron! My, August 14th? Is tomorrow your birthday?" 

Cameron nodded vigorously. "I'm gonna be five!" 

Felix smiled bigger. "That's wonderful! Then you must be coming in for your yearly check up. Let's get your weight and height." 

She had him step on the scale and retrieved her clipboard. Her eyes landed on the name Smith.  

Huh, she thought. That was Zane's last name.  

Felix jotted down his measurements and returned to the computer to put in the records. "Says here you need your IPV shot. You think you're up for it?" 

Cameron looked scared, but his mother answered for him. "Yes." 

Felix nodded and left to retrieve the dosage. As she walked, her mind returned to the BWF's. And Zane.  

They had been separated so quickly, she hadn't had time to ask where they had stood in their relationship, and had gotten over him years earlier, but it didn't keep her heart from hoping to see him again. All of them again.  

Gloves or no.