Chapter 22

"BREACH! BREACH!" 

Remy sat straight up, missing the warmth that was supposed to be next to him. Her and Ollie had fallen asleep snuggling in the hammock. "Ollie, what the f-" 

"INTRUDERS!" Ollie held a pocket knife in hand, staring at the door. "I'm going to warn everyone, you stay here!" 

Remy paused for a moment, waking up. When what Ollie had said dawned on them, she fell out of the hammock in haste. "Ollie!" 

Remy ran out the door, looking for their significant other. A hand gripped their shoulder and Remy spun, lifting her knee to nail the attacker in the gut. Zane jumped back, narrowly dodging another knee in the crotch. "Remy!" 

"Where's Ollie?" Remy said, their voice filling with worry. It was times like this when Remy became fully serious.  

Zane shook his head. "I don't know. Have you seen Connor? 

Remy's hands began to shake, a nervous spasm. "Ollie! Connor!" She yelled as they began to search the house. She found Darci in a closet, which was unlike her, and Connor lay on top of the cabinets, shaking. Still no Ollie.  

Felix burst from the bathroom. "What the hell is going on?" 

"Intruders!" Zane called, helping Connor down.  

"How? What?" 

A loud, clear voice came from upstairs, telling them that Ru was alright. A crash followed and Ollie slid down the stair rail. She took one glance around the room and let out a sigh of relief. "We're all safe. Marin and Ru are up-ACK!" 

Remy tackled Ollie in a hug. "Don't leave me behind like that!" 

Ollie warily wrapped an arm around him, and Remy couldn't help but notice that the move was unlike her. Ollie usually squeezed Remy to death during hugs. It must have been the shock of the attack.  

"Why did they leave so quickly?" Remy questioned, letting Ollie go.  

Darci was shaken. "Maybe they stole something. We better go check." 

They stampeded up the stairs, and Zane ran straight to his mom, who looked worriedly down at them, her brown hair falling into her eyes. "Is everyone ok? God, I was so worried." 

With a deep breath, Remy told himself repeatedly. We're safe. Everyone is ok. Ollie is fine. Nothing is wrong.  

But for some reason, she felt as if she we're lying to herself.