𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

Aurora already knew who it was from and she smiles slightly, taking it as her own. The letter was from her father but the package seemed like it was from Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. As much as Aurora tried to tell them she appreciates not being handed a gift, they were stubborn as she is. She puts away the letter, wanting to read it if she's ever alone and under her drawer before beginning to open the gift.

"Another scarf." Elias grins, leaned back on the bed with his elbow resting on soft mattress when seeing the fluffy fabric and color green all over again. It felt like they started a tradition where Aurora would open it with Elias with her, both of them expecting either a scarf or a sweatshirt.

"I love it. I'm gonna write —"

"— Absolutely not. We're behind schedule, get your ass in the other shower before I throw you in with Daphne."

████████████████████████████

The Slytherin common room was no longer crawling with first year students like it usually did, younger ones went home to celebrate the holidays with their family. Some were bummed that they can't attend the ball as they are too young to be participating in such a maturity event meant for the tournament. The sun had set, moonrise crept and many students in their respective common rooms to get ready for the dance.

After preparing so, Aurora visited the Gryffindor common room per Fred and George's request. The portrait was wide open and she assumed plenty was going in and out due to the hectic party plans tonight. She could easily tell there was already many waiting near the Great hall, awaiting their dates and Aurora was confident hers still isn't ready.

"I only have about five minutes before Elias comes looking for me again." Aurora enters the room and stops walking with small parted lips from hurrying to the common room as it was urgent, per what Fred told her.

Near the exit of where she stood to enter, Fred and George looked at all in relief to see her while their suits are matching, different colors of tie on their hands and are still to be worn. Aurora felt the crowd in the room either slow down or stop, looking at her as if she is a priceless art to stare at a museum.

Already worn her dress for the evening, it engulfed her perfectly and her legs perfectly covered by her choice of attire. Grey and white linen touches on each specific curves of the bridal pantsuit she wore, could've sworn she heard someone cuss under their breaths by how breathtaking she looks.

"Rory, help. Stupid twin of mine has no bloody idea how to tie a tie." George huffs, pushing Fred out of the way when they both ran up to the Slytherim.

"Excuse you — I told you to ask mum."

"No, I told you to ask mum."

"Boys." Aurora shakes her head, gently grabbing the tie from George's hand and he laughs mockery to his brother who rolls his eyes with arms crossed. "Seriously, couldn't you have asked Ginny? Better yet, your own dates?" She wrapped it around George's neck and under the collar of his suit, quickly folding it as she knows how.

"Didn't want to embarrass ourselves, of course." Fred now grins, quick to recover from his sulking moment when he remembered something. "Happy birthday, Rory. Did you get mine and Georgie's gift?"

It made Aurora slightly chuckle, wondering how could she ever miss it. In Hogsmeade earlier in the morning with Elias and Daphne, she witnessed Draco Malfoy with Pansy Parkinson kept tripping on his face while trying to walk on deep burried snow. He looked so madly confused with a frantic Pansy kept helping him up but he kept refusing but it only lead to him keep tripping on white snow.

It was a great laugh in such early morning.

"Poor lad just wanted butterbeer." George shrugs, did worse but it was pretty funny too.

"Exactly, you can't keep torturing the poor git forever." Aurora refrains from laughing more when she now helps Fred on his tie. "As much as he does deserve it, you know."

"Translation; we keep torturing the git forever until we die." Fred mirrors George's smirk as they both share a high five.

As the three conversed naturally without a care of the judgemental stares boring in them, Harry and Ron finally comes down, both equally looking well tended to. Aurora neatly hugged her cousin, telling him he looks handsome today that made Harry feel embarrassed but thanked her nonetheless. Though she wondered why Ron had completely different suits than his brothers who was much boasting their good looks.

"Er — Duty calls. Fleur will kill me if I arrive late." Aurora excuses, not so much as a glare to the twins who sent her teasing and flirty looks.

When Aurora left and the twins made sure she was out of an earshot, Fred steps up a table as he is taller than everyone. If not before, even more taller now. "Listen up! If I hear or even see anyone look disoriented or some sort tonight because of Fleur and Rory, I'll sneak in your room and replace your wand with a fake. Got that?" He warns with a serious appointed finger at each and every one.

"Bloody. . . I'm your brother and you can't even do the same." Ron mutters when he saw Fred's little speech frightened the students. They definitely didn't want to know what a fake wand does.