Chapter Forty-One, I'm Not Losing You

Start from the beginning

"Little JuJu, you can't be adopted by Tord.. He has a mental illness which keeps him from behaving responsibly. You wouldn't be safe with him." He told her and she stared at him, her happiness quickly fading away. She started to tear and and cried in front of him, covering her face. Tom awkwardly looked away, not knowing how to handle children at all. Her caretaker gently guided her away and comforted her. I wanted to hit Thomas so hard that I dented his skull. My hand was tensed up into a ball as my blood boiled. So he didn't just tell her that I couldn't adopt her, he fucking insulted me and called me a disabled bitch. Tom turned to me and gave me a glare before walking off. I followed him silently with pure anger coursing through my body. Tom seemed quite pissed as well, seemingly walking outside towards Gygjar's outside habitat. Once he was outside, he allowed me to catch up to him. "What in your right fucking mind makes you think that you can reject that little girl on my behalf-!?" I spat angrily and yelped as Tom suddenly leapt forward, tackling me to the ground.

He shifted forms, weighing heavily on my smaller mortal form. He roared angrily at me and picked me up by the collar of my borrowed shirt. I struggled against him and let out a cry of terror as he flailed me around in the air, yards above the ground. If I slipped out of his grip, I'd be much more injured than just losing an arm. Of course I wanted to transform and destroy him, but my body couldn't handle that after just recovering. At this point, I didn't fucking care. I angrily scratched at the fingers holding me before transforming into a much more daunting beast. Blood slid out of my already damaged form, not recovered from last time at all. I tackled the beast opposing me and opened my venomous jaws, about to take a lethal blow on the creature before me. I winced in pain as claws tore through my cheek, forcing my head to turn away. I cried out in sheer fury and swiftly moved to deliver my fatal bite, tensing as I heard a familiar cry. It was a desperate whine of worry, and it belonged to Gygjar. I was rammed off of the opposing creature, tossed aside.

Something inside of me burned, knowing that she chose a son she barely knew over her owner who had cared for her for years. I attempted to get up as my unstable body bled out more. My legs and arms shook as I weakly stood, looking at Gygjar smothering her son in love and protecting him at all costs. I hissed loudly and charged at the pair, returning the favor by ramming the large female off of her. She screeched loudly, enough to burst eardrums as I finally attempted to bite the neck of my rival. My fangs were inches away from tearing the neck out of my enemy, my eyes begging to see his crimson blood on my mangled body. I bit down harshly and in one movement ripped off as much as I could. I heard the beast below me frantically let out a cry, and I was tossed aside again by his protector. This time, I didn't get up. My body was so weak that I could barely move. I tried to force my body into changing back into its smaller form, but I was stuck. It's as if my unraveled body that turned into this creature was gone forever.

I weakly whimpered and looked around for any sort of help or comfort, but all I saw was blood everywhere. I had succeeded in killing Thomas, but what now? I guess I'll take my army back and rule the world. Why did I have to do this? I always break the things I like. Gygjar slowly approached me and stood over me. I feared that she would kill me in this weakened state, but she bent down and slowly nuzzled my cheek. She was pitying me even though I had killed her son. I let out tears that I didn't know I needed and hugged the large beast as she comforted me. Gygjar gently lapped at the cold tears that slid down my face, cooing softly to me. I suppose he's already dead, if she came over here to me. Gygjar has always been a creature of pity and love, but I didn't know how far that went in her heart. I could hear voices from below worriedly calling out, but I drowned them out. I relaxed as much as my bleeding body could manage as she settled on my body and gave me gentle kisses. If I was going to die, at least I have Gygjar here for me. My senses began to fade as she cooed and nuzzled me, probably trying to ease my passing. My body found peace easily as my mind shut off.

I stirred at the strange feeling of gel of some sort being rubbed into my injured body. I pushed through the pain to open my eyes, seeing Patryk gently massaging a lotion or oil into my arm. Upon seeing that I was awake, he smiled softly and kissed my forehead. "I missed you my sweet baby boy." He whispered and gently hugged me, careful not to put too much pressure on my healing body. I purred and weakly reached up, wrapping my arm around the loving man. I purred loudly and closed my eyes, embracing my father. I didn't know that I would ever wake up again. Then a very important question popped into my head. "Papa.. Is Tom dead?" I asked quietly and heard Pat deeply sigh. "Yes son, he's dead." He reported to me and pulled away from the hug. "do you want to go see..?" He asked me with a clear frown. I slowly sat up and tried to ignore the searing pain my body felt. That's when I realized I had sat up with two arms. Not a human arm and a robot arm. Two human, flesh and bone arms. I stared down at my injured arm to see that it was perfectly healed, not even showing scarring from the explosion. "Papa! My arm!" I gasped and Pat smiled, holding my now human hand. "I know Tord, isn't it amazing?" He said and gave me a tender hug. I hugged him in return and sighed happily.

"We can.. we can go see Tom now." I told him and giggled when he smothered me in kisses. "Alright baby, I'll help you walk." He told me before pulling away and holding out his hand. I hesitantly turned my body and placed down a shaky foot, holding onto my dear father for support. As I got both feet on the floor while being held up my Pat, I tried to use my muscles to stand up properly. It hurt a lot, but I eventually got the strength to stand on my own. Pat kept an arm behind me in case I suddenly collapsed, like toddlers when they learn to walk. I was still excited about my arm as he slowly guided me through the halls. I was brought into a rather chilled room with a casket in the middle. The top was translucent so you could see the body underneath. I reached down and slowly stroked the casket where the body laid. Thomas' body was in there, still in the suit he had danced in. The only difference to his body was that his throat was gored.

I stared down at the lifeless body and narrowed my eyes. Tom can't really be dead, we have this connection that I have to pursue. Even if it costs me my immortality. "Pat, open the case." I demanded and he stared at me with wide eyes. "Why..?" He asked and gently rubbed my back. "You'll see why." I responded cryptically and searched for the latches with my hands. Pat worriedly sighed and went to the other side, unlocking the latches. I unlocked the latches on my side and Pat carefully removed the lid. I stared at the body before reaching down, slowly rubbing his injured cheek. There was only one way that I could heal him, and it left me in a very bad position. However, I didn't care about that now. If I got to live again, so does Thomas. I took a moment to capture the beauty of his lifeless face. His skin was a pretty shade of white, and his cheeks were tinted with the lightest color of pink rose petal. I bent down and ran my finger along his soft, off-red colored lips. I moved my finger away and moved closer, giving the cold body a gentle kiss.

The next thing I had to do was very disturbing, but it wouldn't hurt me forever. I pulled out my pocket-knife and dragged it along his arm, doing the same to my own. I then harshly pressed the two together. That alone wouldn't be the worst part for me. I pressed our foreheads together and closed my eyes, ignoring the worried cries of my father. I let my red horns grow out as stubs as I used more of my demon blood, which required becoming more demonic physically. I searched the mind for traces of his lost soul, only finding memories. As soon as I got a hint of his soul essence, I completed the ritual and screeched in pain as the sacrifice I needed (my brand new, healthy arm) dissolved into the dark energy I needed to transfer my demonic blood to his body. I shakily stood up as Patryk pulled me, leaning into his arms. He quickly brought me to the wall and propped me up, speaking into the radio for a doctor. I teared up from the burning pain of my messily disconnected arm bleeding out and being exposed to the air. All of my nerves in that area were definitely damaged.