Please note that all pupils clothes should carry name tags.

Course books - 

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT -

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl, or a cat, or a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.'

'All right, but on your birthday I'll give an owl and a customised Nimbus 2000 to brag about at school'

'But dad, isn't it against the rules, to bring our broomstick to Hogwarts in 1st year...'

'Yeah, BUT the Potters really don't mind the rules sometimes do they?' at a look from Lily he hastily added 'But we'll mind them this time.' He looked slightly sad, so Harry whispered, 'There's always second year to come, is't there Dad?' 'That's my boy!' both Lily and James said.

Lily then received a Cat Patronus message from Minerva McGonagall - 'Lily, for the past few days, I've been taking you with me to Muggleborn witches and wizards, one such girl will be delivered her letter today, so we need you to explain things a bit more, so that the girl and her parents can understand...' 'Sorry Harry' said Lily 'But, I'll have to go' she said giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. 'And you WRITE BACK NOW!' she said. 

'Tipsy!'

A little house elf appeared and bowed, 'How can little Tipsy help Mistress Lily?'

'Tipsy, do you know the red sandals I bought a week ago?'

'Yes, Mistress...' she clicked her fingers and two beautiful red sandals appeared.

'Thank you, Tipsy' 

'My pleasure, Mistress'

'And can you give me my handbag?'

'Yes Mistress' she said, giving it to her

'You going somewhere, Mistress Lily?'

'Yes Tipsy, there's a Muggleborn girl and I have to explain about magic to her and her parents...'

'Okay Mistress, little Tipsy will take care of everything' 

'I know you will Tipsy...' Lily said smiling

Throughout the years, Harry and his brother and sister, learned from their Dad, the skill of Quidditch playing, he, Harry was such a good seeker, that he might have given Viktor Krum, the World's Best Seeker, except his Dad, a run for his money.

James Potter was the Head Auror of the Ministry of Magic. But he hadn't lost his Quidditch craze. In fact, it was a fact that Harry felt pride upon, James Potter was a Professional Seeker too, he was the Seeker and Captain for English National Quidditch Team, but when Voldemort was in power he could rarely play for the Team, if there was an attack, he felt that his duty as Head Auror was more important, and the team understood.