Chapter 8 - Ready or Not

Start from the beginning

The sunstone necklace he gave to his sister. He picked it up, by the sight of her sister's necklace he sensed that his family is already nearby and walked straight ahead. The paw trail ended and revealed a small cabin in the middle of the woods. He heard snarls all over the place surrounding him. His heart thumped in tremor as wolves appear in the shadows. He knows that it's not a normal wolf because it's way bigger and has eyes that glow a yellow color.

The wolves suddenly stopped moving when a mysterious-looking man exited the cabin

The man stepped off the cabin and walked towards Rion

The man stepped off the cabin and walked towards Rion. As the moonlight touched the man's face, Rion remembered the day that some old man dropped off a box in front of their house.

"It's you... The man who left the box at our house, you're him."

"And you must be the guy we've all been waiting for, Rion Ashford."

Torches around the woods started to light up and revealed Rion's family tied up on the trees beaten up and each of them have two werewolves guarding them if they escape.

"If you're thinking about casting a spell... Don't. You will just waste your magic for nothing. Each one of your family is sealed by a spell, a powerful one. Your magic won't penetrate it. Look around, you're now surrounded by wolves of the Crimson Pack. Try moving an inch and one of your family's heads will end up in a wolf's mouth."

Rion clenched his fist and looked at the man, "I will fucking kill you."

"Oh apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Arthur Crimson, the alpha of the Crimson Pack. Nice to meet you, Rion." Arthur raised his arm to shake hands with Rion.

Rion grabbed Arthur's arm tightly and looked at him with anger.

"It's true what my grandson said, you have heavy hands."

Arthur removed Rion's hands slowly and rubbed his hand.

"Well, things shouldn't be all violent. Right, Rufus?"

"Arthur... Please, keep my family away from our problems."

Arthur went towards Rufus and punched him heavily in the face. Blood drooled all over Rufus' mouth. Rion and his family were shocked by what Arthur did.