As our blurry surroundings become more familiar I feel desperation bubble in my chest. I force back my emotions, now is not the time. 

I have to get Tommy out of limbo. The look on his face as I left had haunted me reminding me of how I'd left him. I try to shake the memory off. The screaming, the fire, everything we sought to destroy brought right up to our noses. Tommy's rocking and wailing. I'd never seen him so broken. 

I'm reminded of Wilbur's letter for him, in my pocket next to my own letter. The slight pressure on my leg seemed to weigh a thousand tonnes. 

The voices in my head yell incoherently, I find myself missing their irritating whispers. 

We break the treeline and my eyes are immediately drawn to the field. I canter Percy as fast as I can, skidding to a stop when we reach the stables on the side of the house. I don't bother tying him up as I vault off his back and start sprinting again. 

My lungs burned with every breath and my legs felt slow and lethargic. As I run I pull the book from my bag. I nearly trip when a new voice enters the chorus in my mind. I hadn't held the book since I put it in the bag in the End. 

It was clear to me now why the book was not meant for mortal minds. The voice was louder than all the others even if it was only whispering. My voices seemed to fight against it but there was too much noise. 

Power, it whispered to me. Undeniable raw power in your hands, you could do anything. I shake my head and focus on Tommy's gravestone in the distance, drawing closer with every slam of my foot. 

Who says you only have to bring Tommy back? You could resurrect an army for your revolution. You could destroy Schlatt. 

A book that should know nothing but knew everything. I block it away. 

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, I focus on the chants of the other voices. The voices who cared about me, who saved me, who lead me and Ranboo to Techno and Phil. 

I finally reach the grave and collapse on my knees in front of it. I know Tubbo is beside me when I hear his heavy breathing. I steel myself with a breath and open the book. 

Thankfully, the voices silence as I read. It was as if they were watching with bated breath. My eyes widen once the words flow through my mind. 

"We have to dig him up," I command and slam the book shut bringing back an onslaught of noise. Thunder booms and Tubbo seems to snap back to his senses. 

"What?"

"Dig him up!" I shout and start using my magic to move the flowers around the grave. Tubbo startles and sprints back to the others. 

As I slowly shift the roots in the soil I feel small drops of water on my bare arms. I had stripped off my coat a while ago to try and stay cool. The rain comes sticky and warm as summer demands. The voice returns begging me to feed it power, offering me all sorts of treasures. 

I finish the flowers as Tubbo, Ranboo and Techno appear with shovels. They start digging and I spot Phil and Dream close behind. 

All I hear is the methodical scraping of shovels and then a hard donk as someone hits the coffin. We pause for a moment and then start to scrape the dirt out of the way. Dream and Phil pull the others out of the deep hole leaving the polished oak of the coffin to stand out like a sore thumb. I shove the wet hair that had stuck to my face out of my vision and pull out the book again.