Chapter 18: Explanation

The next morning, Johnny took his skateboard to the theatre. He wanted to get there early to do what Maddie instructed. The sooner he heard more about what happened, the sooner he could get closer to forgiving Jamie.

By the time he got there, he immediately went inside and saw only Buster and Miss Crawly onstage, meaning he was the first performer there, so he went to them.

"Mr. Moon! Miss Crawly!" he called.

"Hello, Johnny," Miss Crawly greeted.

"What are you doing here so early?" Buster asked.

"I'm here to ask if we could have everyone meet in here real quick. Maddie wanted to tell us all something," Johnny requested.

"Uh yeah. We can do that," Buster agreed.

"Thanks," Johnny responded.

He then sat in the house and the others came in one by one, Buster instructing them to sit in the house as well. Once everyone but Jamie was there, Maddie went onstage.

"What about Jamie?" Buster asked.

"She's not here and I need to tell you why," Maddie answered, faced the house, and told them, "So Jamie isn't here because...the three bears she saved Rosita from kidnapped her and sent her home to where she's really from. We aren't from Redshore, we're from a different universe. Jamie and I are actually humans and if you don't believe me, here's the proof."

She used her wristband to open a portal, making everyone but Johnny and Nooshy shocked. She let it stay open for a minute before closing it.

"Guys," Nooshy said, standing up as they all looked at her, then she explained, "I knew about this. I confronted them the day I met them because I never saw them in Redshore the time I've been there. But I didn't say anything because it wasn't my secret to tell."

"Yeah. Basically my father and Jamie's father built a machine that could send you to another universe where you become like the local there, which is why Jamie came out a gorilla and I came out a mouse. We also knew about a lot of stuff that happened here because your universe is made into two movies and some shorts. We didn't know if anyone knowing about us being from a different universe was safe, but like she said, Nooshy figured it out and Jamie and I didn't know how to tell you guys the truth, but after she was sent back, it made more sense to go ahead and tell you. We're both really sorry and we hope you can forgive us," Maddie finished.

She felt tears in her eyes form, so she ran offstage and went in her dressing room. She cried for a bit until she heard a knock and looked to see Nooshy and Johnny at the doorframe.

"What's going on?" Maddie asked.

"We wanted to check on you," Nooshy answered.

"You all took it better than Mike did," Maddie sniffled, wiping her tears away.

"You really did tell Mike?" Johnny asked.

"Like I told you. I told him yesterday morning and he rejected me," Maddie nodded.

"I'm sorry," Johnny told her.

"That actually reminds me," Nooshy said then asked Johnny, "Have you rejected Jamie?"

Maddie looked at Johnny, waiting to hear his answer.

He sighed and answered, "If I'm being honest, the thing I was the most upset about was that she kept it from me for so long. I wasn't too mad that her original form wasn't what I've seen for the past couple months, but it took time to process that."

"I get that, but the majority of what she told you is true. I may not have been there, but she's like my sister, meaning I know she wouldn't lie about who she is," Maddie said.

"Yeah. And as I got to know her, I can see she was who she said she was, despite her appearance here. But I think if you want to hear from her what happened, you need to go to her and talk to her," Nooshy said.

"What?" Johnny questioned in shock before continuing, "But I don't have a way to get there and I don't know if I'll be the same going there."

"I have more wristbands to go there and I'm sure that since Jamie and I changed coming here, it'll be the same for you," Maddie replied.

Johnny sighed and thought about it. He wasn't one to hold a grudge, so he didn't think he should start now, especially with the girl he fell for.

"Alright," Johnny nodded.

Maddie smiled and handed him a wristband. He pressed a button and a portal formed. He looked at Nooshy and Maddie, who nodded at him with smiles. He smiled back then went through it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N AHH! Johnny's coming to Jamie's universe to hear her side of what happened.