Chapter 6: Getting Late

They went inside and Jamie looked around a bit.

"So we don't have an extra bedroom, so either someone will have to take the couch or you'll both have to share Johnny's room," Marcus said.

The young gorillas' eyes widened at the last option before slowly looking at each other then quickly looking away, making Marcus chuckle.

"Well, considering you both just met me, I'll take the couch," Jamie said.

"No. You're our guest. You can have my bed and I'll take the couch," Johnny disagreed.

"Better make a decision," Marcus smirked.

The two looked quickly at each other.

"Rock Paper Scissors? Winner makes the decision?" Jamie suggested.

"Sure," Johnny agreed.

After a couple of rounds where they tied, Johnny won.

"I get the couch and you get my bed," Johnny smirked.

"Fine," Jamie chuckled.

"Alright. It's getting late. Johnny, you can show her to your room and get stuff for the couch. I'll see you both in the morning. Night you two," Marcus said, handing Johnny her bag and walking away.

"Night, Dad," Johnny said.

"Night," Jamie told him.

Then he lead her upstairs to his room. It looked like the average teenage boy's room, beside the fact they were in a mechanic's shop.

"Alright. The bathroom's just down the hall on the left," Johnny said as he set her bag on his bed then added as he got a change of clothes, blanket, and pillow, "My dad's room is by the living area. If you need anything, I'll just be downstairs."

He then headed for the door.

"Johnny," she called, he turned to her, then she added, "You said that if we met under different circumstances and I needed a place to stay, you would still let me stay here. Why is that?"

He smiled and told her, "I don't want to base it completely on what you did for Rosita because I know there's more to it than that, but the fact you did that when you could've walked away and you didn't know her made me think that you are one of those rare beings who actually care about others, no matter what. I figured that anyone like that is worth getting to know."

"But I could've found a hotel or something. You didn't have to let me stay here," Jamie pointed out.

"I know," Johnny nodded then left.

She chuckled and whispered, "You're even better in person, Johnny."

She got a shower and got dressed in pajamas that were provided for her.

(A/N Pajamas.)

Once done, she looked down the hall before texting her dad if he wanted to FaceTime, which he agreed to

Once done, she looked down the hall before texting her dad if he wanted to FaceTime, which he agreed to. She closed the door and it didn't take long for him to call her. She answered it and put the phone up for him to see her.

"Whoa. You weren't kidding," he commented.

"I told you," she giggled.

"So I take it you did find a place to stay," her dad asked.

"I did. It's been a crazy day anyway. I saved a female pig named Rosita from three mafia bears and had to talk to the police about it," Jamie explained.

"Is that the one you keep calling Super Mom?" he asked.

"Yes," she nodded.

"Got it," her dad nodded then asked, "So who are you staying with?"

"Well, if I tell you and you watch the movies, you may not approve at first, but I promise they are great guys. His name is Johnny and his dad is Marcus," Jamie explained.

"Okay. I'll look into them tomorrow," he said then added, "I've got to go. Good night, sweetheart."

"Night, Dad. Love you," she replied.

"Love you too," he returned.

They hung up and Jamie went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I really do consider Rosita to be Super Mom. A stay at home mom for 25 piglets and the invention she made when she couldn't get a nanny. Wow! XD Alright, back to the story.