a night in the park // midwinter special

The winter snow was falling from the sky, the stars shining in the distance. The new year had just started, the local city bustling with people.

Two boys, however, sat by one another, enjoying the view in front of them. The teenage boys sat on the edge of the park, the darer haired one resting his head on the shoulder of the other. The lighter haired boy had his arm wrapped around the other, resting his fingers on his friend's waist.

Xingqiu looked up at Chongyun, the winter cold kissing his cheeks. Chongyun looked down at the other, a pink colour creeping on his face. The two looked at each other, their crushes growing. Xingqiu burst out into a fit of giggles, Chongyun just staring at the other in confusion.

The hydro user pulled a shared blanket onto their shoulders. He built up the courage to make his move, planting a light kiss on Chongyun's cheek. He giggled, hiding his head in his hands.

The cryo user was taken aback by this action. He had always wondered if his friend would return his feelings, and his answer was given. 'Oh dear archons' he thought, letting a sigh escape his pink tinted lips.

Chongyun noticed the other looking up, looking into the eyes of his companion. He let the world around him fade away, only focusing on the features of Xingqiu. His peach tinted lips, and the way they perfectly formed into a smile. His pale cheeks that would turn rosy in the cold. His amber eyes, so full of determination and beauty. The exorcist darted his eyes down to the peach lips, biting his own lip in wonder.

Xingqiu saw this and smiled wider. He took his friend by the chin and kissed him softly. Chongyun melted into the kiss, delicately grabbing the hydro user's head to pull him in closer. The two broke apart, staring at each other.

Chongyun buried his face into the chest of his new lover, entirely flustered on what he had just done. Xingqiu ran his fingers through his boyfriend's hair, shutting his eyes. The two cuddled, pointing out different constellations they saw.

No words needed to be said that night. The two boys were completely content with their night, and many nights similar to come.

PHEW. Sorry it took so long to update, I had some MAJOR writer's block. Love you guys, thank you for reading <3